Wednesday 2 October 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2nd October 2024.

2nd October, 2024.


Right … it’s official.

I’m up at something approaching my normal time.

And have at least two pairs of new glasses: including the slightly groovy ones I’m wearing in the intro video.

I’m also aware I’ve just checked my bank account.

And, no: there’s no payment, yet.

I may just have to phone up … 

~≈💷≈~

Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        2nd October is Batik Day. Where: the Philippines, Indonesia or Vanuatu?

Q2)        Batik is a type of what: rice, potato or cloth?

Q3)        2nd October in the UN sponsored International Day of Non-violence.   The date was picked in honour of whom: Martin Luther King, M. K. Gandhi or Josef Stalin?

Q4)        Lene Nystrøm was born on 2nd October, 1973.   She’s the lead singer of which Scandinavian band: Roxette, Aqua or Ace of Base?

Q5)        Trevor Brooking was born on 2nd October, 1948.   He made five-hundred and twenty-eight appearances for which Premiership side … ?


Q6)        Finally … ?   Jamal Khashoggi was killed on 2nd October, 2018.   He’d been a journalist for which US newspaper?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        1st October is Independence Day in Palau.   Marking its independence in which year of the 1990s?
A1)        1994.

Q2)        The date marked the day Palau stopped being managed by which country: the UK, US or Russia?
A2)        The US.   (The country was managed by the US: on behalf of the UN)

Q3)        What’s Palau’s currency: the US dollar, the Pound Sterling or the Euro?
A3)        The US dollar.

Q4)        Baseball is popular in Palau.   It was introduced to the country in 1920s.   By whom: Japanese, Americans or Filipinos?
A4)        Japanese.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The name, ‘Palau’ come from an old word that means what: ‘village’, ‘town’ or ‘island’?
A5)        Village’.
Here’s a thought … 

“Even the largest avalanche is triggered by small things.”
Vernor Vinge, October 2, 1944 – March 20, 2024.

And a song …



Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        Yeah: I think I’ve seen you use the word, Olga: in one or two place names.   I guessed that was what Palau meant: as it looks vague like its English equivalent.
        I’ve just checked by bank account, again: still no sign of any cash.   The sooner it gets here, the happier — and less stressed — I’ll feel!

        You know, I missed that gag, Debbi!   Just shows you … !
        As for Tom regenerating into himself … ?   Well§ … 

§        I have to admit, Debbi, that train of thought’s got me thinking I should re-read Moorcock’s Behold the Man.   Why … ?   I really don’t know.

No comments: