* Those payments were useful: and would’ve got me giving serious thought to voting Tory in the last election: had they kept, or re-introduced, the payments. The same applies to Kier Starmer’s government. If† they re-introduce it, they get my vote. But? I think they won’t bother. Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss^ … …
† ‘If’ is the biggest word in the English language.
‡ I lost one-hundred grams, Olga. That’s not much, in the scheme of things, but it all helps.
I know exactly what you mean! You can pick up laptops for less than the cost of a hard-drive!
§ Hello, Mum!
¶ It’s certainly sad, Debbi! I keep wondering who’ll be next … and mildly worried it’ll be Tom Baker. He’s not getting any younger …
^ “Ave! Duci novo, similis duci seneci”, if you want it in posh.
Q5) ‘village’ Palau, in Catalan, means Palace, but that's a whole different story. Good about the weight and good about the written confirmation. I hope it doesn't take long to come through and get paid.
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
1 1994
ReplyDelete2 US
3 US Dollar
4 Americans
5 Village
Q1) 1994
ReplyDeleteQ2) US
Q3) the US dollar
Q4) Japanese
Q5) ‘village’
Palau, in Catalan, means Palace, but that's a whole different story.
Good about the weight and good about the written confirmation. I hope it doesn't take long to come through and get paid.
I know! I keep thinking about him. Hoping he's not next!
ReplyDeleteIf only he could regenerate into himself again. :)
1. 1994
2. the US
3. the US dollar
4. Japanese
5. village
So, if you're in Palau, you could say you live "in the Village." :)
Yep. Another Prisoner joke! :)