Monday, 30 May 2011

The Daily Teaser: 30-5-11

Ooooh …

That’s weird …

That really is.

Today’s my official Stop day.

In other words, it’s the official date that I don’t have a cigarette.

Hmmm …

And it’s decidedly strange.

I mean, for STARTERS, getting the patch out of the packet … ?

Was frustrating enough to make me want a fag, I know that … !

Let’s get moving on, shall we … ?

Before I have to start explaining that one. And before I start getting a case of the fidgets …

»»•««

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: along with wishing me well on the packing up front, she also managed to bag 6 out of 6.

Lets see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, license and video

Q1) 30th May, 1431, saw the death of Saint Joan of Arc: which British band recorded two songs about her on the same album?

Q2) More to the point, what was the name of the album … ?

Q3) 30th May, 1962, saw the birth of comic book writer and artist, Kevin Eastman: which heroes did he help create … ?

Q4) 30th May, 2011, is Memorial Day, in the US: what was it originally called … ?

Q5) 30th May, 1922, saw the dedication of which US memorial … ?

Q6) And finally … 30th May, 1859, saw what ring for the first time … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 29th May, 1968, saw which football team win the European Cup … ?
A1) Manchester United.

Q2) More to the point, who did they beat … ?
Q2) S. L. Benfica.

Q3) Talking of the European Cup … 29th May, 1985 saw 39 Juventus fans die at the European Cup final … at which Brussels stadium … ?
A3) Heysel.

Q4) 29th May, 1848, saw were become the 30th state of the USA?
A4) Wisconsin.

Q5) 29th May, 1919, saw Einstein’s theory of General Relativity confirmed by observations of what: a solar eclipse, a lunar eclipse, or a transition of Venus?
A5) A solar eclipse.

Q6) And finally … 29th May, 1982, saw the Pope make a historic visit to Canterbury Cathedral: which Pope … ?
A6) Pope John Paul 2nd.
Enjoy those, everyone. Now, if you’ll excuse me … ? I’m going to start chewing on the floorboards …

1 comment:

  1. I've never had to quit smoking, but may I suggest gum instead of floorboards. :)

    1. Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
    2. Architecture & Morality
    3. the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    4. Decoration Day
    5. the Lincoln Memorial
    6. Big Ben

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.