Wednesday 17 October 2012

The Daily Teaser — 17-10-2012

Blast … !

I didn’t get the job … !

And I think I know why, as well: basically, I made a point of asking if there was any help they offered they’re staff in actually getting to work.

And what the chances of transferring between stores.

Absolutely none, as it goes.

Which is a shame, but at least I know what to keep an eye open for at my next interview.

Still … 

If nothing else, I will give the company concerned credit: for at least not keeping me hanging around, and letting me know straight away, what was going on.

Let’s get moving on, shall we?

‹‹•››

Yesterday’s saw Debbi putting in her answers: along with bagging 5 out of 6, she also let us know she’s off to the Austin Film Festival*, and facing down the huge problems associated with radiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Let’s see how she, you, and any one’s who’s out there, does with today’s questions, shall we?   Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 

Q1) 17th October, 1931, saw Al Capone sentenced for Tax Evasion.   What was the name of the 1987, Kevin Costner film, about Al Capone … ?
Q2) More to the point, who played Al Capone in that film … ?
Q3) Name the Bananarama song about that actor … ?
Q4) Moving on … 17th October, 1604, saw Johannes Kepler observe a supernova.   A supernova is an exploding what: planet, star or hand grenade.
Q5) 17th October, 2003, saw the completion of the world’s (then) tallest building.   In which East Asian country was that building … ?
Q6) And finally … 17th October, 1980, saw the Queen become the first British monarch to pay a state visit to the Vatican: which pope welcomed her there … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 16th October is, of course, World Food Day.   What’s the theme of this years’s World Food Day: farmers co-ops, biodiversity or food security … ?
A1) Farmers co-ops.
Q2) More to the point … Which UN organisation organizes World Food Day … ?
A2) The Food and Agriculture Organization.
Q3) 16th October, 1984, saw the debut of Britain’s longest running police show: what was it called … ?
A3) The Bill.
Q4) 16th October, 1996, saw the British government ban handguns, after the Dunblane Massacre: which famous Scottish tennis player survived that massacre … ?
A4) Andy Murrey.
Q5) 16th October, 1967, saw singer, Joan Baez, arrested at a Vietnam War protest: what was her biggest UK hit … ?
A5) The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down.
Q6) And finally … 16th October, 1793, saw Marie Antoinette guillotined at the height of the French Revolution: which French King was she married to … ?
A6) Louis 16th.
Enjoy those, everyone.

As it’s both Wyclef Jean and Mark Gatiss’ birthday, today, I’ll leave you with this tune … 


And this quote …
“One man’s fish is another man's poisson.”
Mark Gatiss, born 17th October 1966






















*        Have fun with that, Debbi: we’ll see if we can’t persuade the gang to have a try!   And I know exactly what you mean with radiiiiiii.   Either way … I think it’s the cue for a song … 

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Thanks, Paul! :) I'm sorry to hear about the interview.

I hear that the film festival is really awesome. I hope I can keep my energy up. :)

Talk to you later! :)

1. The Untouchables
2. Robert De Niro
3. Robert De Niro's Waiting
4. star
5. Taiwan
6. John Paul II