Wednesday 2 April 2014

The Daily Teaser — 2-4-2014: Sir Alec … 

Hmmm … 

You know, it’s Wednesday, today.

You knew that … !

My point is that I think I’ve got a busy one lined up, today: lunch with my sister, and my nephew, posting up the Gazette’s Teaser, write some more Teasers … 

Oh, frantic jobhunting has to feature, there, somewhere.

Hmmm … Why the phrase ‘Same old same old’ springs to mind, I really don’t know.

Either way … ?   Let’s get  a move on, shall we?

~≈†≈~


Yesterday’s rather foolish Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: and scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 2nd April, 1914, saw the birth of actor, Sir Alec Guinness.   In which Ealing comedy did he play Ethelred D’Ascoyne, Lord Ascoyne D’Ascoyne, Reverend Lord Henry D’Ascoyne, General Lord Rufus D’Ascoyne, Admiral Lord Horatio D’Ascoyne, Young Ascoyne D’Ascoyne, Young Henry D’Ascoyne and Lady Agatha D’Ascoyne?
Q2) He also played the lead character in the 1959 film, Our Man In Havana: who directed Our Man In Havana … ?
Q3) Of which of the films he appeared in, did Sir Alec say “The battle scenes at the end go on for five minutes too long, I feel” … ?
Q4) For which of his films did Sir Alec receive a Best Actor Oscar, in 1957?
Q5) Finally … Sir Alec played George Smiley in both BBC versions of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and and Smiley’s People.   Who wrote the novels those series were based on … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) In 2007, sculptor and illusion designer, Dan Baines, came up with a fake, dead what, for April Fools Day … ?
A1) Dead fairy.
Q2) 2005 saw Google announce a fake drink, as an April Fool’s day joke: called Google what … ?
A2) Google Gulp.
Q3) 31st March, 1989, saw an APPARENT UFO land in a field in Surrey.   It was, in fact, a balloon built by which British millionaire … ?
A3) Sir Richard Branson.
Q4) April 1st, 2008, saw the definitive BBC report … on flying what … ?
A4) Penguins.
Q5) Finally … 1st April, 1972, saw claims the dead body of what, had been found … ?
A5) Nessie: The Loch Ness Monster, in other words.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“There seems to be no end to the senseless wickedness done on this little planet in a minor solar system, and we puny mortals appear to be decreasing in importance so far as the universe is concerned.”
Sir Alec Guinness, 2 April 1914 – 5 August 2000.
And with the theme to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, Sir Alec’s best known TV work … 


Have a good day … 












*        I’m glad someone has, Debbi!   I’m having trouble keeping up with just Facebook and Twitter!   Still, I might have to have another look at it: Google have introduced a Pinterest button to Blogger.   No guarantees, though: juggling that many passwords is tricky!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I know. I have to keep a damn list!!

1. Kind Hearts and Coronets
2. Carol Reed
3. Star Wars
4. The Bridge Over the River Kwai
5. John Le Carre

I'll be taking an e-break for a while. Check out my blog. I've made another video! :)