Monday, 14 July 2014

The Daily Teaser — 14-7-2014

It’s got to be said, I’ve managed to get up, comparatively early, today.

Comparatively: because, of course, my local job centre wants me to do a job search, there, rather than at home.

I can’t complain about that.

After all, it gets me out of the house, and allows me to focus on the task in hand.

On the other hand … ?   On the other hand, I’ve got up early: and managed to get started on this post at about the same time as usual.

Wouldn’t you know it.

At ANY rate … ?

At any rate, one thing I can do is the latest trailer for Series 8 of Dr Who.   After all, it means we can ignore the fact the first episode got leaked … 



(As an afterthought … ?   As I write, I’ve the embed code for the BBC and YouTube version of the trailer in front of me.   The YouTube version a lot neater … !)

~≈Û≈~
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: and scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with todays questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 14th July, 1992, saw the release 386BSD: the first operating system that is open … what?
Q2) 14th July is Bastille Day: the national day of which country … ?
Q3) 14th July, 1958, saw military officers stage a coup: in  Iraq.   The Iraqi king’s cousin called for help from the US and Britain.   That cousin was King Hussein of where?
Q4) 14th July, 1965, saw the Mariner 4 flyby take photos of Mars.   As part of its mission, it also examined which star: Regulus, Canopus or Gamma Valorum.
Q5) Finally … 14th July, 1961, saw the birth of actor, Jackie Earle Haley.   Which character did he play in Watchmen … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 13th July, 1962, saw the UK’s Prime carry out a drastic reshuffle of his cabinet: in what — ever since — has become know as the Night Of The Longwhat?
A1) Knives.
Q2) 13th July, 1527, saw the birth of mathematician and astrologer, Doctor John Dee: court astrologer to whom … ?
A2) Queen Elizabeth 1st.
Q3) 13th July, 1933, saw the birth of the late Patsy Byrne: best remembered as Nursie, in the second series of what … ?
Q4) 13th July, 1985, saw who become acting US President, whilst Ronald Reagan was having an operation?
A4) George Bush, Sr.
Q5) Finally … 13th July, 1878, saw the signing of the Treaty Of Berlin: which made Serbia, Montenegro and Romania independent.   From where?
A5) The Ottoman Empire.
I’ll leave you with this song … 


And this thought …
“All art is erotic.”
Gustav Klimt, July 14, 1862 – February 6, 1918.
Enjoy your day.








*        Oooh, shrimp curry!   Sounds vaguely Thai, Debbi!

1 comment:

  1. It was totally awesome!

    1. source
    2. France
    3. Jordon
    4. Canopus
    5. Rorschach

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.