Tuesday 29 July 2014

The Daily Teaser — 29-7-2014

You’ve been following me for a while, haven’t you … ?

So you’re probably aware I’m job hunting: and although times are rough, the fact I’ve had interviews, recently, and have as couple more, soon, is a good thing.

The problem I’m having … ?

Is the fact some of my benefits have been cut, in a dispute: one that I’ve done everything I can avoid.

Theoretically … ?   Theoretically, I should hear by roughly the end of the week: after 28 working days.

Just, of course, JUST about what’s happening

I phoned the enquiry line.   Only to be told there’s an effective eight to ten week delay on Mandatory Reconsiderations: the type of appeal I’m going through.

The best way of describing my reaction … ?

Was bloody furious … !

Possibly even f*cking fuming … !!!

How on EARTH does a government tell you something is supposed to take 28 days: and then add THAT amount of extra time?

Personally … ?   As much as I’d rather complain to various forms of management, and as I’d hate to commit some form of benefit fraud, to pay the bills?   I can see how tempting the latter is, given the circumstances.

Provocation is a hell of a thing to plead in court.

Let’s move on, shall we?

~≈◊≈~
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: and scoring eight out of ten.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 29th July, 2014 is — in the UK — the date of Eid al-Fitr.   Eid al-Fitr is celebrated by members of which religion … ?
Q2) More to the point, it marks the end of which holy month … ?
Q3) 29th July, 2005, saw astronomers announce the discovery of the dwarf planet, Eris.   The dwarf planet is named for the Ancient Greek goddess of what: discord, disease or distrust?
Q4) 29th July, 1958, saw President Eisenhower sign the law that created NASA.   NASA’s HQ is in which US city … ?
Q5) Finally … 29th July, 2001, saw the death of Wau Holland: co-founder of which German hacking group … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 28th July, 1914, saw the Austro-Hungarian Empire declare war on which small nation?
A1) Serbia.
Q2) The declaration came after the assassination of the Empire’s heir.   Who was that heir?
A2) Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
Q3) Who was Austro-Hungarian Emperor when war was declared … ?
Q4) What was the name of the assassin … ?
Q5) War was declared after the Empire issued an ultimatum to its enemy.   How many demands did the ultimatum make: ten, fifteen or twenty?
A5) Ten.
Q6) In the run-up to the declaration of war, Britain’s foreign minister offered to mediate between the sides.   Who was he: Winston Churchill, Sir Edward Grey or Arthur Balfour … ?
Q7) When, exactly, did the Empire declare war: 10 am, 11 am or 12 am? 
A7) 11am.
Q8) Which country started a partial mobilization against the Austro-Hungarian Empire, after the declaration of war: Russia, Germany or France?
A8) Russia.
Q9) Who started moving troops against the latter country, when they moved against the Empire: Germany, France or the UK … ?
A9) Germany.
Q10) The Austro-Hungarian Empire was dissolved at the end of World War 1.   Which ‘H’ was one of its successor states?
A10) Back then, it was the Hungarian Democratic Republic: it’s now Hungary.
I’ll leave you with this tune … 


And this thought …
“I worked hard but I never really considered it work. I always enjoyed myself and only took an assignment if I had complete control and access.”
Jim Marshall, designer of the Marshall amp, 29 July 1923 – 5 April 2012.
Enjoy your day!







*        Gosh, I hope not!   (I mean, I’ve sold you a Mac: and persuaded a few other people, too! :D )

1 comment:

Debbi said...

The Mac is a great computer, too.

1. Muslim
2. Ramadan
3. discord
4. Houston, TX
5. the Chaos Computer Club