Wednesday 30 September 2015

The Daily Teaser — 30-9-2015: Thunderbirds Are Go … !

You know, right now … ?

Right now, I‘ve got an earworm: a song, in other words, playing through my head.

In this particular case … ?

One of the catchier songs from The Associates: Waiting for the Love Boat, from their Perhaps album.

Usually … ?   I have no idea why a tune will be squatting in my head.

Although, in this case?   I know what roughly why: I was listening to the album, last night, whilst making some videos.

I’m not complaining.

It’s a nice little tune … !


Speaking personally, though … ?

Speaking personally, I think it’s sad that the band’s singer, Billy MacKenzie, died at such a young age.

~≈®≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: and scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s themed questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 30th September saw the first episode of Thunderbirds aired on British TV.   On which British TV channel: BBC 1, BBC 2 or ITV?
Q2) The episode was broadcast in which year of the 1960s?
Q3) That first episode was called Trapped in the … what?
Q4) The series was made by Gerry and Sylvia who?
Q5) Sylvia famously provided the voice for which Thunderbirds character?
Q6) Who was that character’s driver?
Q7) Thunderbirds focused on International Rescue: as run by the Tracy brothers.   Name one of the brothers.
Q8) Their father was the man in charge of International Rescue.   What was his name?
Q9) Which of the Thunderbird vehicles was the most frequently seen on screen: Thunderbird 1, 2, 3 4 or 5?
Q10) Finally … what’s the name of the Thunderbirds island home?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 
Q1) 29th September, 1991, saw a coup take place: in which Caribbean nation?
A1) Haiti.
Q2) 29th September is International Coffee Day.   Name either of the two   commercially popular beans?
A2) Robusta and Arabica.
Q3) 29th September is also the Feast of Saint Michael: who’s one of four archangels.   Name one of the other archangels.
A3) Gabriel, Uriel and Raphael.
Q4) 29th September, 1996, saw the US release of the Nintendo 64 games console.   It was named the Nintendo 64, as it had what: a 64 bit processor or 64 gigabytes of RAM or a 64 speed gearbox?
Q5) Finally … 29th September, 1979, saw Pope John Paul 2nd become the first pope to visit where?
A5) Ireland.
I’ll leave you with this motto …
“Thunderbirds are go!”
And the only tune I could leave you with … 


Have a good day … !









*        Now I think of it, Debbi, the original cover of Nightwatch was quite something to see.  For starters, it’s based on a Rembrandt painting.   And second off … ?   I found myself identifying characters … 

2 comments:

Debbi said...

Hmm ...

1. ITV
2. 1965
3. Sky
4. Anderson
5. Lady Penelope
6. Aloysius "Nosey" Parker
7. Scott
8. Jeff Tracy
9. Thunderbird 2
10. Tracy Island

Whew! :)

The writer/producer that I heard speak last night ... turned out he was a total comics geek as a kid. He was a huge Batman fan, so he bought the rights and made the first Batman movie. What an awesome guy! :)

Olga said...

Q1) ITV
Q2) 1965 (just a few months younger than me)
Q3) Sky
Q4) Anderson
Q5) Lady Penelope
Q6) Parker
Q7) Virgil, Scott…
Q8) Jeff
Q9) Thunderbird 4
Q10) Tracy Island
I'm having some computer issues, so if I disappear for a while it's likely to be that rather than me. I remember watching the series in Spain when I was a child...