Thursday 17 September 2015

The Daily Teaser — 17-9-2015: The Baron …

Now, it HAS to be said … 

I’ve now got a set-top box wired into the rat’s nest that I call my TV set.

Everything’s happily working.

I have, though, a couple of questions.

Can anyone suggest a good app, that will let me turn the recordings I make onto USB stick, into stuff I can then watch on my phone, Apple TV and computer?

That’s one.

The other … ?

Is ‘What on Earth did I record, last night?’   I really have NO idea … !

~≈Ê≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: and scoring six out of seven.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 17th September saw Baron von Richthofen win his first aerial combat: during which year of World War 1?
Q2) The fight took place over which French town: Lille, Cambrai or Dunkirk?
Q3) One of the men he shot down was Captain Tom Rees.   Captain Rees was a member of what: the British Army, the Royal Air Force or the Royal Navy?
Q4) Over all, the Baron made how many confirmed kills: sixty, eighty or one hundred?
Q5) What was Baron von Richthofen’s first name?
Q6) He was also known as the ‘Bloody’ … what?
Q7) Von Richthofen’s title — Freiherr, the German equivalent to Baron — translates as what: free man, free lord or free mason?
Q8) The squadron von Richthofen led became known as Baron von Richthofen’s Flying … what?
Q9) “10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or more,” is a line from a song about the Baron: released by The Royal Guardsmen.   What was the song called?
Q10) Finally … The Baron was mentioned in the ‘Peanuts’ comic strip, as the flying enemy of who: Charlie Brown, Peppermint Patty or Snoopy?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 16th September is Independence Day: in Mexico.   It’s known as the Grito de … what?
A1) Dolores.
Q2) More to the point, what’s Mexico’s national language?
A2) Spanish.
Q3) 16th September saw the UK exit Europe’s ERM: the Exchange Rate … what?
A3) Mechanism.
Q4) What did the ERM govern?
A4) European currencies.
Q5) 16th September, 1977, saw the death of singer, Marc Bolan.   What was the last T Rex album issued, during Bolan’s lifetime?
Q6) 16th September, 1948, saw the birth of drummer, Kenney Jones.   Jones drummed for The Faces, the Small Faces, The Jones Gang, The Law … and who else?
A6) The Who.
Q7) Finally … 16th September, 1959, saw the Xerox 914 demonstrated on live TV.   The machine was the first commercially successful what?
I’ll leave you with this thought … 
“The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intended to catch me or to bring me down.”
Baron von Richthofen.
And this tune … 


Enjoy your day … !









*        Marc Bolan … ?   Blimey, there’s a thing, Debbi!   (I know I used to have the Osmonds  as imaginary friends … ?   Oh, and I always thought Debbi Harry was cute …)

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Debbie Harry rocks! :)

1. 1916
2. Cambrai
3. the Royal Air Force
4. 80
5. Manfred
6. Red Baron
7. free lord
8. Circus
9. Snoopy v. The Red Baron
10. Snoopy