It has to be said, it’s not that often I start a blog post up, this late.
Well …
Not for a while, at any rate.
But I wanted to continue something that’s because a tradition for me: at least, after all this time.
Yes.
I’ve seen tonight’s episode of Dr Who: episode 7, of series 9, of the rebooted series, called The Zygon Invasion.
And, boy, it’s good.
~≈Â≈~
The Zygon Invasion opens with a brief recap of events in The Day Of The Doctor: reminding us that Zygons had — eventually — formed a peace treaty with the people of Earth.
A peace treaty had had held until a splinter faction of Zygons kidnap Osgood — she and her Zygon duplicate were guarantors of the treaty — with the intent of starting a war.
The Doctors decides to help: resuming his role as world president in the process, and heading to a small town in the Baltics, and asking Kate Stuart to investigate the small New Mexican town of Truth or Consequences*, delegating Clara to both protect the UK.
Things go downhill from there …
When the troop Clara’s leading … find SOMETHING nasty under the streets of London.
Kate ends up finding the one apparent human being left in New Mexico.
And the Doctor … ?
Getting into all sorts of trouble …
~≈Â≈~
Now … good … ?
Oh, yes … !
The first six episodes of series 9 have, I feel, proved themselves to be of very good quality.
At least, that’s my opinion.
Episode 7? The Zygon Invasion?
Is no exception. It’s a fantastic little action packed episode: and having enough old school paranoia to keep everyone guessing about who’s who.
Frankly?
I’m looking forward to next weeks episode.
Especially as I’ve the next few days off!
* It’s named after a radio game show. Any towns in California that want to call themselves ‘Nik Nak’s Old Peculiar,’ are welcome to. So long as I get plane tickets and free hotel stays, to any junket they organise as a result …
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.