Sunday, 29 November 2015

The Daily Teaser — 29-11-2015

Can I ask you a question?

I mean, on TOP of the ones I’m going to ask you, ANYWAY?

Did you see last night’s episode of Dr Who, Heaven Sent … ?

It was absolutely fantastic stuff!

I think that between them, actor, Peter Capaldi, writer Stephen Moffat and director Rachel Talalay, have put together a winner!

Personally, I’ve just got one question: where the hell did they film that?

The interiors looked great.   And as for what effects team did with the EXTERIORS … !

Ahem … !


~≈Â≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?   Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 29th November, 1975, saw the plane crash that killed which racing driver?
Q2) More to the point, that racing driver has a surviving motor racing son.   Who IS that son?
Q3) 29th November, 1981, saw the death of actress, Natalie Wood: in a boating accident.   Which film had she been filming, at the time of her death?
Q4) 29th November, 1877, saw the first demonstration of the Phonograph: by Thomas Edison.   Were those first phonographs ‘discs’ cylinders, discs or spheres?
Q5) Finally … 29th November, 1972, saw the original release of PONG: the world’s first commercially successful video game.   Which US company released it?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 28th November, 1907, saw the opening of the Orpheum: a 600 seat cinema in what’s now Haverhill, Massachusetts.   Which former scrap dealer opened it?
A1) Louis B. Mayer: who found later fame as one of the founders of MGM.
Q2) 28th November, 2010, saw five newspapers release US diplomatic cables: in various parts of the world.   The newspapers were working with which whistle-blowing website?
A2) Wikileaks.
Q3) 28th November is Republic Day: in which African nation?
A3) Chad.
Q4) 28th November, 1660, saw the formal founding of the Royal Society.   Which of its 12-man founding committee also designed Saint Paul’s Cathedral?
A4) Sir Christopher Wren.
Q5) Finally … 28th November, 1905, saw the founding of which Irish political party?
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“I practice safe sex - I use an airbag.”

Gary Shandling, born 29th November, 1949.
And this tune … 


Enjoy your day.






*        Oh, the silly hat’s not the problem, Debbi: the problem’s some of the bloody idiot teenagers making a grab for it!   And, yes, it’s tempting to slap someone … !   On a more positive note?   Enjoy Heaven Sent, it’s one hell of an episode.

2 comments:

  1. Q1) Graham Hill
    Q2) Damon Hill
    Q3) Brainstorm
    Q4) cylinder
    Q5) Atari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it! :)

    1. Graham Hill
    2. Damon Hill
    3. Brainstorm
    4. cylinders
    5. Atari Inc.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.