Oooooooh, but I HATE that … !
I’ve something of a genre TV fans.
One who spends little actual time watching TV. Well …
Tv that hasn’t caught his eye …
One series that HAS caught my eye, over the years?
Is the all-American, paranoia-fest that IS … The X-Files.
And, as you can imagine? The rebooted six-episode miniseries that’s been screened on Channel Five for the past few weeks, is something that I’ve been watching religiously.
Including tonight’s final episode: Episode Six, called My Struggle, Pt 2.
And I have to ask …
Did anyone else fall off the edge of the cliff-hanger?
Presumably, after watching a revamped Tad O’Malley show, online.
A show revealing some alarming truths.
Mulder, himself? Has tracked down Cigarette Smoking Man — William B. Davies — who’s now seriously older, and damaged by his life.
But STILL plotting on behalf of the Syndicate he’d been a member of.
Mulder and Scully separately find out that the world is due to be hit by and outbreak of Anthrax: one that the Syndicate has been years guaranteeing will work.
A plague Scully — aided by Agents Einstein and Miller — hopes to stem, or cure, using vaccine made from her stem cells.
Which, as the three realise?
Won’t work for Agent Mulder: as there’s too little vaccine for someone of his size.
They need to find Mulder and Scully’s long lost son, William.
It’s only THEN … ?
That a giant triangular UFO turns up …
And credits roll …
Now … Good … ?
Are we talking about episode six … ?
Or the rebooted series as a whole?
Now, I have to admit, I enjoyed episode six: although it could have gone a little slowly, in order to develop the plot.
As it stands?
It felt just a touched rushed.
Good …
But rushed!
Which possibly applies to the whole darn rebooted series.
All six episode have been VERY well made: and, I think, could easily set up a Rebooted generation of new episode.
I hope so.
I felt the original first series of Twin Peaks benefitted from being a relatively short run of eight episode: and suffered from a longer second series.
The X-Files, on the other hand?
I personally felt this six episode season of the series was very well done: but could well have been longer.
Giving its new generation of characters, and the new elements of plot and story elements, time to develop.
It’s not all bad.
I’ll admit, I found tonight’s cliff hanger ending — a desperately ill male lead, a seriously threatened female one — left me wanting more.
I don’t think the series could support a twenty odd episode season eleven.
But, in the manner of Dr Who, The Strain, House of Cards, Game of Thrones and others?
Sets up a new version of the series — with 10 to 13 episodes a time — perfectly well.
I think that would be a great way of telling another season of tales: with the right mix of Monster of the Week and arc stories, AND stitching up this cliffhanger!
Season 10 of The X-Files is a good intro for a new series of the show.
Here’s hoping the makers finance an eleventh season.
I’d like to see it.
Tv that hasn’t caught his eye …
One series that HAS caught my eye, over the years?
Is the all-American, paranoia-fest that IS … The X-Files.
And, as you can imagine? The rebooted six-episode miniseries that’s been screened on Channel Five for the past few weeks, is something that I’ve been watching religiously.
Including tonight’s final episode: Episode Six, called My Struggle, Pt 2.
And I have to ask …
Did anyone else fall off the edge of the cliff-hanger?
~≈Á≈~
Episode Six, — My Struggle, Pt 2 — sees Agent Scully — Gillian Anderson — arriving at the X-Files office at the FBI’s Washington HQ: only to find co-worker, and long time partner, Agent Mulder is missing.Presumably, after watching a revamped Tad O’Malley show, online.
A show revealing some alarming truths.
Mulder, himself? Has tracked down Cigarette Smoking Man — William B. Davies — who’s now seriously older, and damaged by his life.
But STILL plotting on behalf of the Syndicate he’d been a member of.
Mulder and Scully separately find out that the world is due to be hit by and outbreak of Anthrax: one that the Syndicate has been years guaranteeing will work.
A plague Scully — aided by Agents Einstein and Miller — hopes to stem, or cure, using vaccine made from her stem cells.
Which, as the three realise?
Won’t work for Agent Mulder: as there’s too little vaccine for someone of his size.
They need to find Mulder and Scully’s long lost son, William.
It’s only THEN … ?
That a giant triangular UFO turns up …
And credits roll …
~≈Á≈~
Now … Good … ?
Are we talking about episode six … ?
Or the rebooted series as a whole?
Now, I have to admit, I enjoyed episode six: although it could have gone a little slowly, in order to develop the plot.
As it stands?
It felt just a touched rushed.
Good …
But rushed!
Which possibly applies to the whole darn rebooted series.
All six episode have been VERY well made: and, I think, could easily set up a Rebooted generation of new episode.
I hope so.
I felt the original first series of Twin Peaks benefitted from being a relatively short run of eight episode: and suffered from a longer second series.
The X-Files, on the other hand?
I personally felt this six episode season of the series was very well done: but could well have been longer.
Giving its new generation of characters, and the new elements of plot and story elements, time to develop.
It’s not all bad.
I’ll admit, I found tonight’s cliff hanger ending — a desperately ill male lead, a seriously threatened female one — left me wanting more.
I don’t think the series could support a twenty odd episode season eleven.
But, in the manner of Dr Who, The Strain, House of Cards, Game of Thrones and others?
Sets up a new version of the series — with 10 to 13 episodes a time — perfectly well.
I think that would be a great way of telling another season of tales: with the right mix of Monster of the Week and arc stories, AND stitching up this cliffhanger!
Season 10 of The X-Files is a good intro for a new series of the show.
Here’s hoping the makers finance an eleventh season.
I’d like to see it.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.