Monday 21 March 2016

The Daily Teaser — 21-3-2016: Twiddly Twiddly Twitter … !

You know … I think I’ve had a bad night … !

At least, going by the way I feel, right now.

Most mornings?

I’m up, about and ready to go.

This morning?

Well, if I wasn’t working I probably would’ve gone back to sleep!

Oh, well … 

Onwards and upwards … !

~≈†≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw both Debbi* and Olga† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 21st March saw the founding of Twitter.   In which year of this century?
Q2) Name any one of Twitter’s founders.
Q3) Twitter — like Facebook, Vkontakte and Orkut — is a social … what?
Q4) It’s also called a micro what site?
Q5) Twitter lets users send short messages.   Called what?
Q6) Those messages can be up to how many characters long: 120, 140 or 160?
Q7) If we re-post a Twitter message, that’s called what?
Q8) Twitter’s logo is a cartoon bird: sometimes called Larry.   What colour IS that bird?
Q9) Users of Twitter have user names that start with what sign?
Q10) Finally … we can tag a Twitter message with a subject, by prefixing the subject with the hash sign: or #.   The # sign is called what, in the US?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Emperor Tenmu assumed his country’s throne: on 20th March, 673 AD.   What WAS his country?
A1) Japan.
Q2) Who entered Paris on 20th March, 1815: after escaping from the island of Elba?
A2) Napoleon.
Q3) On 20th March, 1987, the US Food and Drug Administration aproved the use of the drug, AZT.   Also know as Retrovir, and Zidovudine, the drug is used to treat what: Leprosy, HIV/AIDS or Polio?
A3) HIV/AIDS.
Q4) 20th March, 1995, saw a small cult group called Aum Shinriko attack the underground system.   Of which city?
A4) Tokyo.
Q5) Finally … 20th March, 2003, saw US forces start bombing which city?
A5) Baghdad.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“I Don’t Look at Twitter Because It Doesn’t Tell Me Anything.”
Noam Chomsky.
This video … 


This tune: for which Debbi and Olga possibly WON’T be thanking me … ! 


And, as it’s just been announced on the Today program, some news about … um … RRS Boaty McBoatface … 


Have a good day … 









*        I’ve never actually seen it, Debbi‡.   It’s one of those films that’s like Kubrick’s OTHER biggy, Spartacus: it’s on my ‘To Watch’ list … as and when I get time!   (I’m keeping my fingers crossed … but …)

†         Thank heavens for that, Olga‡!   I was wondering where you’d got to!

‡        Oh, sorry about the Birdie Song, but it seemed vaguely relevant …

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 2006
Q2) Jack Dorsey, Evan Williams, Biz Stone, and Noah Glass
Q3) Networking site or service
Q4) Microblogging site
Q5) Tweets
Q6) 140
Q7) Re-Tweet
Q8) Blue
Q9) @
Q10) It seems it can be the pound sign or the number sign too (old phones I guess)
If you won't tell anybody I'll confess to having danced that song... I was very young and didn't know any better... Or that's my excuse! I hope you feel better soon.

Debbi said...

Happy 10th birthday, Twitter! :)

1. 2006
2. Jack Dorsey
3. medium
4. blogging
5. tweets
6. 140
7. a retweet
8. blue
9. @
10. a hashtag (the hash part is also called a pound sign in the U.S., in a non-Twitter context)