Tuesday, 8 August 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 8-8-2017

Hmmm … 

It’s a Tuesday.

It’s a Tuesday … 

And I’m mildly kicking myself for not recording this week’s episode of Just a Minute.

Thankfully?

Thankfully, I’ve got the website open … 

And the episode playing in the background.

You wouldn’t think ‘grandfather clock’ would cause so much argument.

~≈≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mr Strict*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mr S scoring four.

Let’s see how everyone does With today’s Teaser, shall we?

Here’s the questions, along side the How To, License and video … 

Q1) August Eighth is a 2012 film.   From which country: the USA, Germany or Russia?
Q2) 8th August, 1974, saw whom announce, “I have never been a quitter.”?
Q3) 8th August, 1170, saw the birth of Saint Dominic, founder of the Dominicans.   He’s the patron saint of whom: physicists, astronomers or mathematicians?
Q4) Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman’s divorce was finalized: on 8th August, 2001.   In which year had they married?
Q5) Finally … who sent their resignation letter to President Jefferson Davis: on 8th August, 2017?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Alsace Lorraine was annexed by Nazi Germany: on 7th August, of which year?
A1) 1940.
Q2) Cao Qin attempted to stage a coup: on 7th August, 1461.   In which country?
A2) China.
Q3) Lynne Cox became the first woman to swim from the US to the USSR: on 7th August, 1987.   She did so by swimming across which straits?
A3) The Bering Strait.
Q4) The US Mint introduced a new 1 cent piece: on 7th August, 1959.   The penny featured what on the reverse: a shield, the Lincoln Memorial or George Washington?
A4) The Lincoln Memorial.
Q5) Finally … the Explorer 6 satellite was launch: on 7th August, 1959.   What was examining: the Moon, Earth or Venus?
A5) Earth.
I’ll leave you with a tune … 


And a thought …
“You can work out in a pool and sweat, but you don’t smell. In the water you are weightless. You are ageless. It feels exhilarating to get wet. And you know the water is a very sexy medium. Why do you think people always get in a hot tub?”
Esther Williams, August 8, 1921 – June 6, 2013.
Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Sorry about the score, Mr S: but Alsace-Lorraine got annexed in 1940.   (At least, when it was annexed by Nazi Germany.   Bits of it have been going back and forth since 1870.)

†        Yep: I’ve got the glasses on, right now, Olga: the repair didn’t take long!   I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the exam goes well!   Oh … it’s a South Korean zombie movie?   Might JUST have to keep me eyes peeled … 

‡        Oh, you’re a bottle blonde, Debbi … ?   Pretty much guarantees you a job on The Only Way is Essex.   Although I don’t know if I’d be flattered … !   (It’s the British equivalent of things like Jersey Shore or The Hills: and partially here in Brentwood.   I think most of us from Brentwood?   Would rather it wasn’t.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's no huge shame around here. I don't think! :)

    1. Russia
    2. Richard Nixon
    3. astronomers
    4. 1990
    5. Robert E. Lee (and I think you're off on the date by 100+ years! :))

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.