Tuesday 22 August 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 22-8-2017: Do The Richard 3rd.

Hmmm … 

Apparently … ?

President Trump is not going to be withdrawing US troops from Afghanistan.

And, if I’ve understood his announcement, last night … ?

There’s a possibility he’ll adding more.    Or starting a war with Pakistan.

After the whole North Korea thing?

Am I the only one with Gay Bar ear worming through my head?


~≈®≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* and Olga† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 22nd August, 1485, saw the death of Richard 3rd.   At which battle?
Q2) More to the point, that battle is generally considered the last in which War?
Q3) The Battle took place in what’s now which English county?
Q4) Richard the 3rd was the last king of which house: York, Tudor or Stewart?
Q5) Finally … the Battle was won by forces led by Henry, 2nd Earl of Richmond.   He became which English king, as a result of the Battle?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) 21st August saw the birth of sprinter, Usain Bolt.   In which year of the 1980s?
A1) 1986.
Q2) In which Caribbean country was he born?
A2) Jamaica.
Q3) As of the time of writing, Bolt’s the World Record holder in the 100 Metres, the 200 Metres … and the 4 by 100 metre what?
A3) Relay.   This is the relevant Wikipedia entry …
Q4) Name any one of the three Summer Olympics he raced in.
A4) The 2008 Beijing Olympics the 2012 London Olympics or the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Q5) Finally?   Usain raced his last race in the 2017 World Championships.   Where was that held?
A5) London.
Here’s a video or two …




And a quote …
“Now is the winter of our discontent

Made glorious summer by this sun of York;”
Richard 3rd, in Richard III, by William Shakespeare.
Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Yeah, it LOOKS like the Navy’s having issues, Debbi!   Going TOTALLY off the subject?   Does Village of the Damned count as a b-movie?   I’m thinking it doesn’t, but wanted to mention I’d seen it.



†        Nope, you’re in, Olga!   Looks like I missd the email alert … !!!

5 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Bosworth
Q2) The War of the Roses
Q3) Leicestershire
Q4) York
Q5) Henry VII
This is very odd. I entered an answer yesterday. I even joked about the robot thing and the fact that your blog asked me if I was a robot. Perhaps it didn't like the joke...

trev-v said...

a1 Battle of Bosworth Field

a2 wars of the roses

a3 Leicestershire

a4 York

a5 Henry VII

Penny and I travelled to what at the time was considered the site of the battle by steam train on the Battlefield line. After a good wander up hill and down dale all over the battle field we retired to the coffee shop in the Interpretation centre before returning by train to where we had left her car.

Debbi said...

Not sure. I'll have to check my list of public domain films, since I seem to run afoul of YouTube when I stray outside that realm.

And, I've been avoiding the President's talk. I'm not happy with him. What a surprise, huh? :)

1. Battle of Bosworth Field
2. the Wars of the Roses
3. Leicestershire
4. York
5. Henry VII

Richie said...

1. Bosworth (or Redden Plain or other things people have called it)
2. It's not. I consider the last battle of the Wars of the Roses (the Cousins' War) to be the Battle of Stoke (1487)
3. Leicestershire I suppose ( on't ask me geography questions)
4. Plantagenet (York)
5. Henry VII the usurper (a popular career move among Henrys)

Anonymous said...

PS, my link, if you need it, seeing as you know me.
PPS I am a robot.