Thursday 17 May 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 17-5-2018: Aussie Rules, Again … !

17th May, 2018.


Yep, I’m an official silly juggins.

I’ve eventually found my gas card, tucked into a different part of my wallet: a different part to where I usually put it.

Would you mind kicking me?

I’m going to miss.

~≈§≈~

Just as a fun thing to mention, before I move on?

Remember the internet dress: the on that was either black and blue, or white and gold?


There’s a new, similar, meme doing the rounds.

Yep: an audio one.   People are working out if a any audio clip says ‘yanny’ or ‘laurel.’


Personally, I’m hearing ‘yanny.’

Lord knows what that’s about … !

~≈§≈~

As a final thought?

Israel’s winning Eurovision entry, this year — Toy, by Netta — sees the singer doing chicken impressions.


Given we’ve two non-European nations that are entries in the contest: Israel, and Australia?   I’ wondering when China will get involved.

They’re more than capable of the sort of silliness needed … 


~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 16th May, 1859, saw the laws for Australian rules football, first formalised.   By a club in which Australian city?
Q2) What shape is an Australian rules football pitch?
Q3) How many goal posts are there, at each end of the pitch: two, three or four?
Q4) An Australian rules football ball cannot be what: thrown, kicked or hand passed?
Q5) Finally … If the ball is carried or directed out of bound, the opposition get a free … what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Sir Thomas More resigned his post: on 16th May, 1532.   What government post was that: Prime Minister, Lord Chancellor or Chief Secretary to the Treasury?
Q2) 16th May, 1888, saw a lecture given: about The use, generation and transmission of electricity by alternating current.   By which scientist?
Q3) The Triton Fountain was formally switched: on 16th May, 1959.   It’s in the capital of which island nation?
A3) Malta.
Q4) 16th May, 1955, saw the birth of singer and actress, Hazel O’Connor.   In which 1980 film did she play Kate?
Q5) Finally … ?   16th May, 1919, saw the birth of which pianist?
A5) Liberace.
Here’s a thought …
“Sure, there have been injuries and deaths in football — but none of them serious”
Adrian Anderson, former Australian Football League manager.
And an unofficial anthem …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Hang on, two bank cards, Olga?   I hope that doesn’t bounce back and bite you.   I’d imagine destroying one … and THEN having the bank thinking you’re card’s been cloned, when you legitimately use the remaining one!   At ANY rate … ?   I can’t believe I manage to miss the gas card!

†        You know, Debbi, there’s possibly a cheaper option: washing line cord, a couple of curtain hooks, and an old bed sheet.   Preferable a clean bed sheet!   String the washing line up behind your desk, throw over the bed sheet, and voilà!   You have a background!   Yeah, a MacBook Pro would be nice … (What IS a voilà, anyway?   I keep thinking it’s a sort of badger …)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Melbourne
Q2) oval
Q3) Two (the other 2 are behind posts. I can’t understand anything and had never heard of this…)
Q4) thrown
Q5) kick
It was all to do with changing the type of account when I moved. I phoned and they told me they had done it and when I phoned them again from Spain the guy I spoke to wasn't sure and started the process again, so I'm sure they got it twice. I did phone them when I got the second card and they told me the second one should cancel the other one. I'm not planning on using either unless in dire straits but...
Oh, I hear Laurel, although they say it depends on how you're listening to it, but I don't have time or interest for many experiments. Here is the explanation...
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/05/dont-rest-on-your-laurels/560483/
And what is yanny?

Debbi said...

Yes, there are cheap ways to do the backdrop. I'm just ... so ... lazy .... :)

I remember that chicken song.

1. Melbourne
2. oval
3. two goal posts (plus two behind posts--I assume you're not counting those?)
4. thrown
5. kick