Q1)A ‘misadventure’ verdict was recorded at the inquest into the death of Blair Peach: held on 27th May, 1980. He’d died — apparently at police hands — at a demonstration against whom?
Q2)Which Californian bridge opened on 27th May, 1937?
Q3)27th May, 1935, saw the birth of Mal Evans. Mal was hired by Brian Epstein, himself: to be a roadie for which band?
Q4)27th May, 1971, saw the birth of actor, Paul Bettany. In which 2018 film does he play Dryden Vos?
Q5)Finally … Malcolm the 4th was crowned as King: on 27th May, 1153. King pf where?
Q9)Nicholas’s son would have held held which ‘T’ as a title?
A9)Tsesarevich. (Tsesarevich is the heir: and the title Alexei, Nicolas’ son, would’ve used. It’s the title for Russian heir apparent, and the Empire’s equivalent to Dauphin, or Prince of Wales. A Tsarevich is any male child of a Tsar: their equivalents in the UK would be Princes Edward or Andrew, Charles younger brothers.)
Q10)Finally … Nicholas abdicated the post of Tsar: in which year?
* I think Nicolas the 2nd was pretty much a product of the time and place, Olga. I really didn’t like the way he and his family died … but, no, you’re right: he wasn’t completely innocent, either. I think the same’s true of everywhere, I think. British history is the same, I think: there’s admirable qualities on all sides … but blood on hands, too. As for the buses … well, they’re as hopeless as ever, but there you go: I can only hope their Spanish equivalents are a touch more efficient! (I only know one Olga: and the only Anastacia I know of is the singer. Where the HELL did a twenty-something session-singer get a voice like that?)
† Talking of which, Debbi, did I see you tweet that Sam’s BACK? I seriously need to dig up Deep Six!
Q1) The National Front Q2) The Golden Gate Bridge Q3) The Beatles Q4) Solo: A Star Wars Story Q5) Scotland (I’ve just finished Jo Nesbo’s version of Macbeth… A mammoth read, although I’d never read anything by him, so I can’t say much about how it compares to his usual novels). Yes, you're right about history. In this Macbeth I mention, towards the end, the comment on humane and the fact that it seems to emphasise a 'human' quality. But not being all good is also human I guess. Oh well... it's Sunday. Let's take it easy.
Oh, I re-released the first book with a new cover! I need to scrape up the dosh to have the second and third book covers redone before re-releasing them, too. Little green pieces of paper. Ugh ... how annoying they become!
1. Nazis 2. the Golden Gate Bridge 3. the Beatles 4. Solo: A Star Wars Story 5. Scotland
Ultimately, I'm bringing out all four books again! Plus I'm finishing up a novella with a new protagonist in my latest project. These teasers are good practice for crappy fingers! A gamey (sp?) hand! :)
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
Q1) The National Front
ReplyDeleteQ2) The Golden Gate Bridge
Q3) The Beatles
Q4) Solo: A Star Wars Story
Q5) Scotland (I’ve just finished Jo Nesbo’s version of Macbeth… A mammoth read, although I’d never read anything by him, so I can’t say much about how it compares to his usual novels).
Yes, you're right about history. In this Macbeth I mention, towards the end, the comment on humane and the fact that it seems to emphasise a 'human' quality. But not being all good is also human I guess. Oh well... it's Sunday. Let's take it easy.
Oh, I re-released the first book with a new cover! I need to scrape up the dosh to have the second and third book covers redone before re-releasing them, too. Little green pieces of paper. Ugh ... how annoying they become!
ReplyDelete1. Nazis
2. the Golden Gate Bridge
3. the Beatles
4. Solo: A Star Wars Story
5. Scotland
Ultimately, I'm bringing out all four books again! Plus I'm finishing up a novella with a new protagonist in my latest project. These teasers are good practice for crappy fingers! A gamey (sp?) hand! :)