20th July, 2026: Colombia.
Right … it’s Monday, again.
And … ?
After taking weight loss medication, last Friday, it’s time for me to head for my weight loss weigh in.
Keep you’re fingers crossed, please: while you’re doing that, I’ll be hoping the bag of crisps I had, yesterday, won’t show up!
~≈🥨≈~
Andy Burnham* gets sworn in as Prime Minister, today.
I wish him luck: although my cynical side has a question.
When exactly, will he resign?
We’ve got through a few PMs, since 2016.
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?
Q1) 20th July is Independence Day in Colombia. It marks the country’s independence from where: Spain, Portugal or France?Q2) It marks the country’s declaration of Independence. In which year: 1808, 1810 or 1812?Q3) What’s Colombia’s capital city: Bogotá, Caracas or Santiago?Q4) The country is a what: monarchy, republic or theocracy?Q5) Finally … ? What’s Colombia’s currency: the Real, Peso or Schilling?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Millions of computers crashed on 19th July. Of which year: 2023, 2024 or 2025?A1) 2024.Q2) The affected computers used which operating system: macOS, ChromeOS or Windows?A2) Windows.Q3) The crashes were caused by what: a virus, a computer worm or a faulty update?A3) A faulty update.Q4) The software that was affected, was made by whom: CrowdStrike, Cisco or Sentinel One?A4) CrowdStrike.Q5) Finally … ? Roughly how many computers were affected: 7500000, 8500000 or 9500000? (Seven and a half million, eight and a half million, or nine and a half million?)A5) 8500000. (Eight and a half million.)
Here’s Colombia’s motto …
“Libertad y Orden”“Freedom and Order”.Colombia’s motto in Spanish and English.
And the National Anthem …
The next 10 question sets are on 30th July, 11th August and 26th August: they’re about the Beano, World Steel Pan Day and International Dog Day.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* I’ve noticed one or two, now vanished, Google search results: that asked “What does Andy Burnham stand for?” My cynical side provided an answer: “Old ladies on buses” …
† Hello, Mum! (The problem affected versions of Windows, Mum. Microsoft make Windows.)
‡ Actually, Debbi, there’s an extra zero: in the White House … ! (Sorry, couldn’t resist!)
At any rate, there was one near me, the old Flying Fish: I think I mentioned it, when it changed ownership. I’ve been back, once: just once. Connie and the gang are going to be seriously missed!

2 comments:
1 Spain
2 1810
3 Bogata
4 Republic
5 Peso
I've always liked that song about the guy in the chip shop swears he's Elvis. Kirsty MacColl.
1. Spain
2. 1810
3. Bogotá
4. republic
5. the Peso
Post a Comment