Tuesday, 24 May 2011

The DailyTeaser 24-5-11

You know, I HATE having sleepless nights, I really do … !

Lord KNOWS why that’s kicking off, though.

But I do know I managed to do at least one post, last night.

And left one of my regular commentors feeling rather pleased … !

Bless … !

««•»»

Lets get moving on, shall we … ?

Yes, lets … !

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: along with was rather pleased about a good review* and admitting she’d be giving a well known fantasy writer a going over, she also managed to score 5 out of 5.

Lets see how she — and you — do with today’s questions: here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video

Q1) 24th May, 1626, saw Dutch trader Peter Minuit buy where … ?

Q2) More to the point, how much did he pay for it … ?

Q3) Many years later, 14th May, 1883, saw which famous bridge connecting that purchase to where open to traffic?

Q4) MANY years later … 24th May, 2004, saw North Korea ban the use of what … ?

Q5) 24th May, 1940, saw whom complete the first successful single rotor helicopter flight … ?

Q6) And finally … 24th May, 1999, saw who resign as England’s Rugby Union captain … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 23rd May, 1907, saw the formal opening of Finland’s Parliament: what’s the Finnish — or Suomi — name for it … ?
A1) The Eduskuntaª.

Q2) 23rd May, 1949 saw the founding of the Federal Republic of Germany: was this East or West Germany … ?
Q2) West Germany.

Q3) 23rd May, 1966, saw the British government declare a State of Emergency: one week after which union went on strike … ?
A3) The National Union of Seamen.

Q4) 23rd May, 1805 saw who named as King of Italy … ?
A4) Napoléon Bonaparte.

Q5) And finally … 23rd April, 1829, saw Cyrill Demian granted the patent for which musical instrument … ?
A5) The accordion.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later …







* \Bows extravagantly/.

ª Which sounds vaguely like a version of Ubuntu
You know, I HATE having sleepless nights, I really do … !


1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! An extravagant bow.

    What a gent! :)

    1. Manhattan Island
    2. 60 Dutch guilders or $24 US
    3. Brooklyn
    4. mobile phones
    5. Igor Sikorsky
    6. Lawrence Dallaglio

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.