Thursday, 28 June 2012

The Daily Teaser — 28-6-2012

Hmmm … 

I think — think, mind — I’ve turned into the unofficial family archivist.

Remember me saying that I’d been scanning in a lot of family photos?

I’ve been scanning in a lot of family photos, just in case you DIDN’T realise.

Part of that … ?

Well, we’ve just found out an old friend of my sister, Anna, is moving to the States with her husband.

So, of course, my copy of iPhoto has had some overtime: as has my aging copy of iMovie.

Adjusting photos and putting them together as slides Claire and Carlos can take with them on a USB flash drive.

Here’s hoping it’s goes down well … !

‹‹•››

Yesterday’s Teaser Debbi putting in her answers: and , along with commenting she’s formed a rock band at college*, and bagging 6 out of 6.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?   Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, license and video … 

Q1) 28th June, 1846, saw Adolphe Sax patent what … ?
Q2) 28th June, 1880, saw the capture of bushranger, Ned Kelly: who played Ned, in the 2003 film, Ned Kelly … ?
Q3) 28th June, 1914, saw the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, who’s death triggered World War 1.   What was the name of his Serbian assassin … ?
Q4) 28th June, 1838, saw the coronation of Queen Victoria: in which year was she named as Empress of India … ?
Q5) And finally … 28th June, 1997, saw Mike Tyson disqualified from a match, for biting whose ear … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 27th June, 1950, saw the opening of the world’s first nuclear reactor: was this in the UK, USSR or USA … ?   A1) The USSR: in the town of Obninsk.
Q2) 27th June, 1759, saw General James Wolfe begin a siege of which city … ?   A2) Quebec City.
Q3) More to the point in which Canadian Province is that city … ?   A3) Quebec.
Q4) 27th June, 1963, saw who make a visit to his ancestral home in Ireland … ?A4) President John F. Kennedy.
Q5) More to the point, in which County was this … ?   A5) County Wexford.
Q6) And finally … 27th June, 1986, saw the International Court of Justice find the US government guilty of supporting rebels in which country … ?   A6) Nicaragua.
Enjoy those, everyone.

Here … 

Have some South Koreanº pop … 






*        Yep, it’s a decade, Debbi: always amazes me how fast it goes.

º        It was that … or some really obscure and practically incomprehensible Death Metalª band.   Not wanting to sound too old fashioned … but can someone tell modern metal bands about things like harmony and melody … ?   Kiss, Iron Maiden and Motorhead may be fast and incredibly loud, but could carry a tune: and in the case of Iron Maiden lead singer, Bruce Dickinson, could also explain Rising Fifths … !


ª        I’m assuming your old college band could do likewise, Debbi … ?   I know that’s what me and Grub were trying to aim for, back in the day, when we recorded a demo tape.   Nothing ever came of it, but … (I got told we sounded like Lou Reed, which is a shame: I wanted to sound like Jim Morrison … … … … … )

1 comment:

  1. Oh, either Lou Reed or Jim Morrison would be awesome.

    I never did get that band together. Such a shame. My friend, Bill, taught me how to play "I Can See for Miles".

    I really wanted to sound like The Who. All raucous and wild. I did some singing. I'll have to tell you about that. Actual performances. Not paid or anything, but I sang.

    1. the saxophone
    2. Heath Ledger
    3. Gavrilo Princip
    4. 1877
    5. Evander Holyfield

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.