Friday, 29 June 2012

The Daily Teasern — 29-06-2012

YARGLE … !

Says I … !

I’ve GOT to admit, those late nights, prepping up teaser videos … ?

Is an absolute killer, it REALLY is … !

Still … ?

I’m thinking hopefully this batch aren’t too bad.

Or, at least, they shouldn’t be: after all, I did put in some work proofreading them.

But enough of my problems, already.

Let’s get moving on, shall we?


Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: and, along with scoring 5 out of 5, also admitted she’d managed to hit the proverbial stage*.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?   Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 


Q1) 29th June, 1880, saw France annex Tahiti: which famed French artist worked in Tahiti … ?
Q2) 29th June, 1960, saw the BBC open which building … ?
Q3) 29th June, 1995, saw US and Russian space ships dock in orbit: the US craft was which space shuttle … ?
Q4) More to the point, with which Russian station did it dock … ?
Q5) 29th June, 1976, saw the Seychelles become independent of the UK: in which ocean are the Seychelles?
Q6) And finally … 29th June, 1881, saw Muhammad Ahmad declare himself to be the Mahdi: in which world religion is the Mahdi a figure … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 28th June, 1846, saw Adolphe Sax patent what … ?
A1) The Saxophone.
Q2) 28th June, 1880, saw the capture of bushranger, Ned Kelly: who played Ned, in the 2003 film, Ned Kelly … ?
A2) Heath Ledger.
Q3) 28th June, 1914, saw the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, who’s death triggered World War 1.   What was the name of his Serbian assassin … ?
A3) Gavrilo Princip.
Q4) 28th June, 1838, saw the coronation of Queen Victoria: in which year was she named as Empress of India … ?
A4) 1876.
Q5) And finally … 28th June, 1997, saw Mike Tyson disqualified from a match, for biting whose ear … ?
A5) Evander Holyfield’s.
Enjoy those, everyone: as today marks the birthday of Men at Work frontman, Colin Hay, I THINK we have an excuse to head Down Under … 

















*        Hang on, you did … ?   Hmmm … Debbi, you DO realise one of my local pubs was doing an Open Mike night, until recently … Just a thought, if you can still remember how to play I Can See For Miles … (Oh, just a thought, Debbi … ?   Have you seen who The Who’s current drummer is … ?)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear. I've forgotten the chords. Plus my poor fingers wouldn't cooperate. Ha ha ha ...

    I'd better stick to writing. :)

    I'm so glad Riptide is finally published in print! :D

    1. Paul Gauguin
    2. the BBC Television Centre
    3. Atlantis
    4. Mir
    5. the Indian Ocean
    6. Islam

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.