Saturday 29 April 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 29-4-2017

Ye, gods, that was a day.

Yesterday, that is!

That was the morning my bank’s online services decide to have a spasm.

I’m thankful I came up with someone sort of work-around.

But, lord, that was frustrating!

Then there was the trains … … 

Early afternoon, and I was on the way to work … only to find that someone had tried jumping at Chelmsford station.

They’d been stopped.

But that had caused a few delays.

As it turned out … ?

The woman had been temporarily hospitalised.

Been discharged: or possibly discharged herself.

Then made her way to Colchester, and thrown herself under a train, there.

At least, according to the member of Chelmsford Station staff I talked to last night: on finding out the train had been delayed, because she’d jumped at Colchester.

I’m … 

Well, I’m thankful I got into work on time.   And thankful I got home at a time that was … reasonable.   And thankful to those staff who stopped the woman, the first time.

But, Lord … 

I wished someone had managed to section that woman.

Could’ve stopped a lot of bad felling.


~≈Ç≈~

But let’s one on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 29th April, 1429, saw the Siege of Orléans end by a relief force.   Led by which Saint?
Q2) Which Concentration Camp was liberated by US troops, on 29th April, 1945: Dachau, Belsen or Auschwitz?
Q3) 29th April, 1968, saw the original Broadway opening of the first American, tribal, love-rock musical.   Which American, tribal, love-rock musical?
Q4) Which Duchess was buried: on 29th February, 1986?
Q5) Finally … 29th April is International Dance Day.   Someone who designs dances for the stage is a what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) The Empire Stadium opened: on the 28th April, 1923.   How was it more commonly known?
A1) Wembley Stadium.
Q2) That original Stadium held which year’s London Olympics?
A2) 1948’s.
Q3) It was described as the ‘cathedral of football.’   By which well known player?
A3) Pelé.
Q4) Which iconic part of the Stadium were designed by Sir Robert McAlpine?
A4) The Twin Towers.
Q5) Finally … The Stadium was knocked down in 2003.   A new Stadium was completed and opened, when: 2006, 2007 or 2008?
A5) 2007.

I’ll leave you with a thought …
“The biggest laugh has to come at the end.”
Jerry Seinfeld, born 29th April, 1954.
And a tune … 


Today’s questions get answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Yep.   And that’s before you throw Behold the Man into the mix, Debbi: it’s Moorcock’s take on the Bootstrap Paradox.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Oh, God. So many great books!

I was at an indie bookstore in my neighborhood today. Today is National Indie Bookstore Day. I drove and everything! All by myself, she said (smugly :)). I found so many books I liked, but no Terry Pratchett! But there was Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and Robert Crais, just to name a mere few!

1. Joan of Arc
2. Dachau
3. Hair (of course)
4. Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor
5. choreographer