Wednesday 26 April 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26-4-2017

Hmmm … 

He says … 

Do you ever get a recurring thought … ?

That’s someone’s going to die … ?

I don’t know that I do.

I do know I keep expecting to see news of the death of Tom Baker on the news: and, thankfully, get disappointed!

He’s a tough old goat, that man … !

~≈Ÿ≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Olga scoring four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 26th April, 121 AD, saw the birth of Roman Emperor, Marcus Aurelius.   Which dynasty was he a member of?
Q2) 26th April is Old Permic Alphabet Day.   The alphabet is a version of which script: Latin, Cyrillic or Greek?
Q3) 26th April, 1564, saw who get baptized at a Church in Stratford upon Avon?
Q4) Francesco Petrarca claimed to have climbed Mount Ventoux: on 26th April, 1336.   Francesco is better known as whom: Petrarch, Pluto or Prometheus?
Q5) Finally … Paul von Hindenburg was elected as President: on 26th April, 1925.   Of Weimar … where?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Australia and New Zealand mark ANZAC Day on 25th April.   It originally marked the deaths of Australian and New Zealander troop: during the Battle of where?
A1) The Battle of Gallipoli.
Q2) More to the point, that battle was fought during which War?
Q3) Against whom?
A3) The Ottoman Empire.
Q4) Many Australians will be observing Dawn Services on ANZAC Day.   The first of these was at the Sydney Cenotaph.   In which year?
A4) 1923.
Q5) Finally … Many will also observe those services in New Zealand.   Where it’s traditional to where a what, as a mark of respect?
A5) A Poppy.
I’ll leave you with a thought …
“I believe the world is one big family, and we need to help each other.”
Jet Li, 26 April 1963.
And the incredible powers of twang … 




Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Well … it got better, Olga.   About the only downside was it didn’t involve someone randomly giving me a million pounds in used notes.   What can I tell you … ?

†        All depends, Debbi.   Blue Peter was a magazine programme for kids: and I don’t know if that would play well on US tv.   Saying that?   It did used to have the occasional piece on Dr Who, back in the day.   And the Blue Peter badge — that lets you in free to museums — is like gold dust!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Hi, Paul. Just a quick note. I think I'd mentioned it, but tomorrow morning I'm leaving for Madrid (very early high-speed train) and will be helping at the book festival until the 8th (well very late on the 7th). Although I have access to Wifi I think it will be only at the accommodation and I suspect we won't be there very much, so not sure I'll be around but I'll catch up when I come back. Take care!

Debbi said...

Hmm ... you never know what we'll like over here! :) I've met my share of British fiction fans. And Raymond Chandler was schooled in England, I believe.

I certainly hope Tom Baker doesn't die. I know we all have to go, but that's going to be a sad one.

1. Antonine
2. Cyrillic
3. Willie Shakespeare (or is it Billy? :))
4. Petrarch
5. Germany