Sunday 9 April 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 9-4-2017

Oh, well, that’s a result … 

I went to work, yesterday.   And I’m back, again, today.

All good.

Ever better, though?

Was the phone call I got on the way to work.

From the shop repairing my sister’s laptop.

Seems they’ve managed to replace the graphics card: both ahead of the predicted time, and on budget.

So Ruth and I won’t get charged any extra.

All I have to do now?

Is pick the thing up.

Oh … 

And talk my sister into buying some sort of back up solution … 

~≈⌘≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* and Olga† putting in their answers: with both scoring ten out of ten.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 9th April is the Day of the Finnish Language.   Suomi is spoken in Finland.   And an official minority language, where: the UK, Sweden, or Russia?
Q2) Roughly one hundred flying pickets were arrested: on 9th April, 1984.   During a strike by whom: miners, fishermen or teachers?
Q3) Ironically, the band, the Flying Pickets had a big hit, in the early 1980s.   With an a cappella version of which song?
Q4) The Astrodome opened: on 9th April, 1965.   The stadium is in which Texan city?
Q5) Finally … Queen Margaret was born: on 9th April, 1283.   She was also know as the Maid of where?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 8th April is International Romani Day.   The Romani are also known as what ‘G’?
A1) Gypsies: or Gypsy, if you want the singular.   (The term’s seen as mildly insulting, these days …)
Q2) The word, Romani, can also be spelt with a what: e, y or g?
A2) Y: the alternative spelling of the word is Romany .
Q3) In many forms of the Romani language, the word, rom means either husband … or what?
A3) Man.
Q4) Anglo-Romani is the version of the language: usually spoken where?
A4) The UKL: and other English speaking nations.
Q5) A vardo is the traditional Romani what?
A5) Caravan: or wagon.
Q6) The Kale are Romani, from where?
A6) Wales.
Q7) The Sinti — or Zinti — are Romani from Northern Italy.   And where else: France, Germany or Switzerland?
A7) Germany.
Q8) The Romani are said to have their origins, where: India, Africa or Eastern Asia?
A8) India.
Q9) Jazz guitarist, Django Reinhardt, was a Belgian-born Romani: who spent most of his life in which country?
A9) France.
Q10) Finally … John Mendall, Richard Skelton and Henry Boswell, all claimed to be what?
I’ll leave you with a thought …
“If you’re going to stick around in this business, you have to have the ability to reinvent yourself, whether consciously or unconsciously.”
Dennis Quaid, born April 9, 1954.
And a song … 


Today’s questions get answered in tomorrow’s post.

You have a good day … !





*        I’m not giving you inspiration, am I, Debbi?   I’ll be darned … !   (I have to admit, I’ve got some of Eno’s Ambient albums playing when I do my film write-ups.   You watch, I’ll start banging on about Shœnberg’s twelve-tone music, next!)

†        Oh, don’t worry, Olga: you’re always welcome, when ever you get here!   And let’s say I’m actually looking forward to Monday: I can have a cheeky snooze at some point!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Sweden
Q2) miners
Q3) Only You
Q4) Houston
Q5) Norway
Good! Enjoy your rest! And good news about your sister's computer. It's a bit sad to think that we've got used to such work always taking longer and costing more than quoted.
Love Paul Robeson. I'm a bit fan of musical and his Ol' Man River is amazing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9WayN7R-s

Debbi said...

I'm a big Eno fan. I remember "Here Come the Warm Jets" with fondness!

1. Sweden
2. miners
3. Only You
4. Houston
5. Norway

Nik Nak said...

Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser …