“It matters, it always matters, to name rubbish as rubbish … to do otherwise is to legitimize it.”
Salman Rushdie, born 19th June, 1947.
Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.
Have a good day!
* Of course we have, Olga^! :D I’m thinking I should have a read of one of yours: it’s only fair, as I’ve done one of Debbi’s. If that doesn’t sound ambiguous … ! (Oh, I managed to catch this week’sDr Who, last night. Turns out the legion‡ it focuses on was one originally raised in Roman Spain.)
† I’ll look forward to them, Debbi! (Oh, seen The Eaters of Light, yet, Debbi? Turns out the legion‡ concerned was once led by Julius Caesar: he got them off Pompey the Great. Oh, and one chap on FB’s mention Lovecraft, already. Which hadn’t occurred to me: they’re REALLY going for the Hinchcliffe and Holmes ‘Let’s Raid the Literature’ stuff!)
‡ It ALSO turns out they got a thumping from Boudica … !
^ That’s the other thing I meant to tell you, Olga. One of the other calls I handled for the GLA? Was from the Met Police. They wanted to alert the GLA’s security people about an email they’d received: threatening to bomb the Mayor, Sadiq Khan.
Q1) Ecuador Q2) Hungary Q3) Ian Botham Q4) Actress Pier Angeli was born: on 19th June, 1932. What was the name of her 1951, debut movie? According to Wikipedia it was in 1950. Angeli made her film debut with Vittorio De Sica in Domani è troppo tardi (1950) Teresa in 1951 was the first she made in America. Q5) The Satanic Verses My goodness. I hadn't heard about the most recent incident in London until I read your post. Will it ever stop?
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
Q1) Ecuador
ReplyDeleteQ2) Hungary
Q3) Ian Botham
Q4) Actress Pier Angeli was born: on 19th June, 1932. What was the name of her 1951, debut movie? According to Wikipedia it was in 1950. Angeli made her film debut with Vittorio De Sica in Domani è troppo tardi (1950) Teresa in 1951 was the first she made in America.
Q5) The Satanic Verses
My goodness. I hadn't heard about the most recent incident in London until I read your post. Will it ever stop?
The world seems to be going nuts, huh? Ugh.
ReplyDelete1. Ecuador
2. Hungary
3. Ian Botham
4. Teresa
5. The Satanic Verses