Saturday 28 April 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 28th April, 2018.

28th April, 2018.


Oh, well, indeed … 

But there we go: that’s what happens when you need … shopping … !

Or, at least, want to pay your bills!

Frankly?

With the hours going up and down at the mo, things are … rough.

And possibly likely to get rougher.

Frankly?

I didn’t get the loan I put in for.

OK, the upside is, I don’t have to pay it off … 

But it could have help settle an immediate problem.

Hmmm … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 28th April, 1986, saw Soviet Russia admit there’d been an accident: at which site?
Q2) More to the point, that site is in a town called Pripyat: in what’s now which country?
Q3) Italian partisans killed the dictator of Italy: on 28th April, 1945.   Who WAS that dictator?
Q4) A monk called Nichiren propose chanting the phrase ‘Namu Myōhō Renge Kyō’ was a way of saving a soul: on 28th April, 1253.   As a result he founded a Japanese school of which religion?
Q5) Finally … Which Pink Floyd album reached number on on the US charts: on 28th April, 1973?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The first woman to be elected as Speaker of the House of Commons, was elected on 27th April, 1992.   Who was she?
Q2) Expo 67 opened on 27th April, 1967.   In which Canadian city?
A2) Montreal.
Q3) Sierra Leone became independent of the UK: on 27th April, 1961.   Which continent is Sierra Leone on?
A3) Africa.
Q4) 27th April, 1944, saw the birth of weatherman, Michael Fish.   In which year did he famously say the UK wouldn’t see a hurricane?
A4) 1987.   (Although, strictly, it wasn’t a hurricane: it was a cyclone.)
Q5) Finally … 27th April, 1959, saw the birth of singer, Sheena Easton.   She came to public Attention in which TV show?
A5) The Big Time
.
Here’s a thought …
“It’s amazing how fast gold works.”
Sir Terry Pratchett, 28 April 1948 – 12 March 2015.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Yep, you’re hear in time, Olga‡: sounds like you’ve had one annoying Friday!   (That delivery sounds like they’ve taken hints from the Amazon drivers who work around here … )

†       Yes, I meant ten out of ten, Debbi‡!   I’ve managed to correct it, since!

‡        Why on Earth I’ve got Nice Video going through my head, right now?   I couldn’t tell you.   But I’m wondering if Bowie saw that Not The Nine O’clock News video … 


2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Chernobyl
Q2) Ukraine
Q3) Benito Mussolini
Q4) Buddhism (rightly called Nichiren Buddhism)
Q5) The Dark Side of the Moon
I hope things get better but I know times are tough. I have no idea if the job is particularly seasonal, although there always seem to be more jobs coming up in the summer, but not sure how helpful they would be in the long run.
Yes, I don't think the fault was with the delivery drivers (and the guys who came to pick up my stuff were pretty good too) but with the people coordinating. It is a company with many local offices and I'm not sure communication is good between all of them. Unfortunately, the father of the man who had been dealing with my delivery died last week and I don't think anybody covered his post. So when I phoned to ask after not receiving any messages and having been told there was a delivery later this week, whoever spoke to me gave me the wrong information (I guess she told me when they were leaving the UK rather than when they would be getting here). There are fewer things to bump into at the moment, that is for sure!
All the best.

Debbi said...

Another Saturday! More cleaning!

1. Chernobyl
2. Ukraine
3. Mussolini
4. Buddhism
5. The Dark Side of the Moon