Thursday, 8 October 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 8th October 2026

8th October, 2026.


Right, then: I’m up late.

Or, at least, up later than I’ve been up for the past three days!

So … ?

Getting an extra hour’s sleep is nice: even though it means I’ve got inconvenient sunlight coming through my windows!

~≈😴≈~

In case you’re wondering: yes, I do know what a fluffernutter is.

Yes: there is a question about them in today’s Teaser.

No: I don’t want one.

Frankly, a Marmite and ketchup sandwich sounds like a healthier option!

~≈🍲≈~

Banknotes … 

I don’t have many, myself.

But the country has a lot, floating about.

These include notes with either King Charles 3rd, or his late mother, and with Winston Churchill, Jane Austen, J. M. W. Turner and Alan Turing: depending on the denomination.

They’re … handy.

Especially if you’ve got a lot of them.

But … ?

The historical figures are due to be replaced with assorted fluffy animals.

I get why.

Replacing people with animals is being done because the King’s supported many Green campaigns, over the years.

This shows his interest in the subject: and, more importantly, allows the printers of the notes to update the security features.

Which is the important bit.

But … ?

On a personal front, I’m mildly disappointed.

I’m something of a fan of the late Alan Turing: seeing him replaced by a hedgehog is … 

Well … 

Disappointing … 

~≈🦔≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Eddie Rickenbacker was born on 8th October, 1890.   He was a what: WW1 fighter ace, guitar maker or giraffe wrangler?

Q2)        8th October is National Fluffernutter Day.   Where: the USA, New Zealand or South Africa?

Q3)        Thomas Duncan died on 8th October, 2014.   He was the first person in the USA to die of what: HIV/AIDS, the Ebola virus or COVID 19?

Q4)        The Peruvian Navy was established on 8th October.   Of which year of the 1820s?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Confederate Army lost the Battle of Perryville: on 8th October, 1862.   As a result, the Confederate States lost control of where: Kentucky, Alabama or California?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        7th October is the feast day of Saint Osgyth.   She’s occasionally shown standing in front of a what: stag, boar or cow?
A1)        A stag.

Q2)        7th October is the feast day of Saint Osgyth.   She’s occasionally shown carrying her own what?
A2)        Head.

Q3)        The German Democratic Republic was founded: on 7th October, 1949.   Was the Republic East Germany or West Germany?
A3)        East Germany.

Q4)        Drusus Julius Caesar was born on 7th October, 14BC.   He was the son of which Roman Emperor: Augustus, Tiberius or Caligula?
A4)        Tiberius.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Director, Robert Z. Leonard was born on 7th October, 1889.   What did the Z stand for: Zbigniew, Zigler or Zachary?
A5)        Zigler.
Here’s a thought …
“There can be no courage unless you’re scared.”
Eddie Rickenbacker, October 8, 1890 – July 23, 1973.
And a song …


The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 8th and 10th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla, Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Hello, Mum!   (The German Democratic Republic was East Germany, Mum, rather than West Germany.)

†        Cheers, Debbi!
        Moving on … ?   The figure in the photo is a well-known Mac fan … 

2 comments:

  1. 1 Guitar maker
    2 USA
    3 Covid 19
    4 1821
    5 Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Nice smile.

    1. WWI fighter ace
    2. the USA
    3. the Ebola virus
    4. 1821
    5. Kentucky

    I've never celebrated fluffernutters. Oh, well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.