Saturday, 25 February 2012

The Daily Teaser - 25-2-2012

You know, you’ve possibly already worked out I’m a regular BBC Radio 4 listener, haven’t you … ?

Well, I am: the Today programme, I’m Sorry, I Haven’t a Clue*, and Just a Minute in particular.

But right at the moment … ?

I’ll happily admit to having the Today show on in the background: possibly the only show I know of to have a short feature on the moral aspects of neurology, in relation to free will in criminal cases.

Right next to a brief piece about the G20 meeting in Mexico.

Let’s get moving on, shall we … ?

BEFORE I get too distracted, reading up the relevant parts of the BBC’s website … !

‹‹•››

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi — all on her ownsome, but happily admitting she loved the childhood family car — putting in her answers: and, along with admitting her and her husband have nicknamed their Miataºª, Mrs Peel, also bagging 5 out of 6.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video
Q1) 25th February, 1901, saw the US Steel Corporation formed: which noted US American financier was the man who did this … ?

Q2) More to the point, what did his first and middle initials stand for … ?

Q3) 25th February, 1964, saw Cassius Clay named as Heavyweight champion of the World: what — later — did he famously change his name to … ?

Q4) 25th February, 1947, saw the formal end of which German state … ?

Q5) 25th February, 191, saw which US state become the first to impose a gasoline tax … ?

Q6) And finally … 25th February, 1570, saw Pope Pius 5th excommunicate whom … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 24th February, 1955, saw the birth of Steve Jobs: what did he and Steve Wozniak sell, before selling computers, through Apple?
A1) Blue
Boxes: devices that allowed people to make free phone calls.

Q2) 24th February, 1582, saw Pope Gregory 13th announce what: Gregorian chant, the Gregorian calendar, or the first cheque-book … ?
A2) The Gregorian calendar.

Q3) 24th February, 2008, saw which Caribbean leader retire … ?
A3) Fidel Castro.

Q4) More to the point, as leader of where … ?
A4) Cuba.

Q5) 24th February, 1971, saw the UK restrict immigration to the UK from where … ?
A5) The Commonwealth.

Q6) And finally … 24th February, 2011, saw the last launch of which of the Space Shuttles … ?
A6) The Space Shuttle Discovery.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later.

After I’ve left you with Aneka’s Japanese Boy: just because I’m feeling VERY cheesy … !














* And of you’ve not been able to keep up with a game of Cheddar Gorge, you really don’t have a clue!

º I’ve got to admit, Debbi, that looks like it’s in vroooooooom territory. Or, at least, should be. Or, at least, ‘vroooooooom’ is the noise the designers had in mind …

ª I have to admit, I never have managed to learn to drive: but there’s a couple of cars I alway’s fancied …


1 comment:

  1. Oh, No. 6's car. That was way cool.

    My Miata is yellow with a black rag-top. And it's a 6-speed, stick shift. So it moves. I guess you could say it goes vrooom! :)

    1. J.P. Morgan
    2. John Pierpont
    3. Muhammad Ali
    4. Prussia
    5. Oregon
    6. Queen Elizabeth I

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.