Monday, 10 August 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 10th August 2026

10th August, 2026.


Right … it’s officially official: it’s Monday.

Which you’d noticed.

So … ?

It means that, once again, I’m off to the weekly weigh-in.

And hoping like hell that — like last week — I’ve lost some weight.

I’m hoping for the best: but expecting the worst, given the crisps I’ve eaten!

~≈⚖️≈~

Yesterday, I told you about the issues I’ve had with Amazon deliveries.

I finally got the non-cola items, yesterday.

Although, it has to be said, I’d rather have had all four items: the vitamins, air duster and Marmite, and the colas.

But at least the undamaged goods are now here.

And the refund for the box of colas is on route.

That said … ?

I still have a few complaints.

The main one?

Is that Amazon told me I’d be getting a refund on the diet cokes, rather than the goods, themselves.

But left the box in the list of stuff I was expecting, in the delivery notifications.

I’ll be honest: they could have tidied that up.

The other complaint?

Given the three items that were delivered, were in a small box, why did they not leave them here, Saturday?

There’s an old saying that God works in mysterious ways.

So, it seems, does Amazon … !

At least God’s a good communicator.

~≈📦≈~

Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        10th August is International Biodiesel Day.   Biodiesel is made from long-chain fatty-acid whats: Esters, Naomis or Barbaras?

Q2)        John J. Loud died on 10th August, 1916.   He held the original patent for what: the telephone, ballpoint pen or sewing machine?

Q3)        10th August is World Lion Day.   The lion is a species of big what: cat, dog or monkey?

Q4)        10th August is Independence Day in Ecuador.   It’s on which continent: North America, South America or Africa?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Treaty of Nonsuch was signed on 10th August, 1585. Between England and where?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Amedeo Avogadro was born on 9th August, 1776.   The scientific law named for him, says that equal volumes of gas under the same conditions will contain an equal number of what: atoms, molecules or protons?
A1)        Molecules.   Avodagro’s constant, 6.022, 140, 76×10²³ mol¯¹, is named for him.

Q2)        Mary Poppins author, P. L. Travers, was born on 9th August of which year: 1897, 1898 or 1899?
A2)        1899.

Q3)        Actor, Robert Shaw, was born on 9th August, 1927.   He played Red Grant: in which James Bond film?
A3)        From Russia With Love.

Q4)        Tove Jansson was born on 9th August, 1914.   The Moomins author was born in which city: Stockholm, Oslo or Helsinki?
A4)        Helsinki. (I’ve still never read a Moomins novel: much to my loss.)

Q5)        Finally … ?   9th August is the feast day of Herman of Alaska.   He’s a saint to which church: the Roman Catholic Church, the Church of the Tin Vagabond or the Orthodox Church in America?
A5)        The Orthodox Church in America.
Here’s a thought …
“I’m a much older woman and there’s a huge population of older people who, if they’re watching television, they can’t watch Hollyoaks.   If you put a much older woman in Doctor Who, they can identify with it.”
Kate O’Mara, 10 August 1939 – 30 March 2014.
And an earworm …


The next 10 question sets are tomorrow, 26th August, the 5th, 7th and 11th September: they’re about World Steel Pan Day, International Dog Day, the Muppet Show, Boston and the Nine-Eleven attacks.

There’s a twelve question set on 8th September: about Star Trek.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Hello, Mum!   (It was molecules and 1899, Mum, rather than protons and 1897.)

        Yes, I know, Debbi: I’d be surprised if you didn’t.   😅   The trouble with buying the colas from Amazon … ?   Is that the alternative retailers is my local Sainsburys: and going down that hill with twenty-four cans of coke is a big of a git … !
        Feel free to throw the dinner at the president!

No comments: