13th August, 2026: International Left Handers Day.
Right: did I mention I was at the dentist, yesterday?
I was at the dentist, yesterday.
For an appointment with the dental hygienists, rather than the dentist.
It went well enough.
My only complaint?
I used my dentists student hygienists: who’ve always come across as competent.
And who, up until now, have been free to those of us on benefits.
Until yesterday: which was the first appointment I had to pay for.
OK, it was half price: and I’d been able to budget for it as I made sure the appointment was not long after pay-day.
But it was still a cost I objected to.
~≈💷≈~
It’s Thursday: and the day of the Clacton by-election.
Good luck to Count Binface!
More importantly?
Which, as I’m a lefty?
Is important to me.
As I’m also a fan of William Gibson’s, and long suspected he’s a lefty, as well?
Finally finding proof today, has made my morning.
~≈◀️≈~
Just as a last thought … ?
My nephew, Jude, was over, last night.
And … ?
I think we missed most of the Eclipse Excitement.
Still … ?
One: it darkened, noticeably.
Two?
We got a video, done!
~≈🚘≈~
As a definite last thought … ?
Jude and I had pizza, last night.
Normally, we’d order from out local Dominos.
But, for the last few weeks?
Their site’s refused to take my cards.
Why?
I don’t know.
So?
As we have for the last few weeks, we’ve ended up ordering from Pizza Hut.
Why hasn’t Dominos site taken my card?
When Pizza Hut’s happily will?
I don’t know.
I suspect I may need to clear my caches, and history.
But will only know for sure, if I can get through with another browser: given the timing, I’ll have to try that, next week.
~≈🍕≈~
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.
The day also saw Olga‡ leaving us a message.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?
Q1) According to the Wikipedia article on handedness, if both parents are left handed, a child has how much chance of also being left handed: 26%, 28% or 30%?Q2) Left handed rulers have the numbers going which way: left to right, or right to left?Q3) Iggy Pop is left handed. The third Iggy and the Stooges LP, Raw Power, was produced by Iggy and which left-handed English musician: Paul McCartney, Tony Iommi or David Bowie?Q4) Rorschach is left handed. He featured in which graphic novel: The Killing Joke, Watchmen or The Complete Maus?Q5) Finally? Lura Thok is a character in Star Trek: Star Fleet Academy. The character is played by which left handed, British comedian?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 12th August, 2021, saw a mass shooting. In which English city: Plymouth, Portsmouth or Bristol?A1) Plymouth. (These events are thankfully rare in the UK.)Q2) According to the UN, 12th August is what: International Youth Day, World Elephant Day or the Day of the Tin Vagabond?Q3) In the UK, 12th August is the Glorious Twelfth. It marks the start of what: the grouse hunting season, cheese rolling week or Holy Week?A3) The grouse hunting season.Q4) 12th August, 1969, saw the Royal Ulster Constabulary use what for the first time: rubber bullets, tear gas or plastic truncheons?A4) Tear gas.Q5) Finally … ? Guitarist, Les Paul, died on 12th August, 2009. The electric guitar that bears his name, is made by whom: Fender, Gibson or Martin?
Here’s a thought …
“Even though being left-handed might mean struggling with right-handed scissors from time-to-time, there are plenty of reasons being a lefty is pretty cool!”From a rather gushy Newsround article on the subject.
And, as Jain is a southpaw, a Jain tune …
The next 10 question sets are on 26th August, and 5th, 7th and 11th September: they’re about International Dog Day, the Muppet Show, Boston and the Nine-Eleven attacks.
There’s a twelve question set on 8th September: about Star Trek.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum! It was International Youth Day, Mum, rather than World Elephant Day. I’ll have to look that up, though. (Oh, Olga said ‘Hello’!)
† I think it was everyone else who called Lyndon, Rotten, Debbi. Apparently, his teeth were green! I don’t think yours are THAT bad!!!!!!!! At any rate, have fun at the Coronation!
‡ It went well enough, Olga: there’s a few things they’re monitoring, but, bar the pricing change, my mouth’s OK. The visit certainly sounds better than your recent trips! That sounds pricy!
I’ll pass on your regards, as well, Olga! You and your mother, be well!

No comments:
Post a Comment