23rd August, 2026.
Right … one of those things is going back!
I had a delivery turn up from Amazon, yesterday.
With, believe it or not, no actual problems.
Remind me to send Jeff Bezos a ‘Thank You’ note.
But one item — the DVD I’d ordered — didn’t have the extra I was expecting.
So back it goes.
I’ll be complaining about that, though.
As … ?
I’ve two post offices near me: one in the local Londis, another in Brentwood High Street.
Both of which I can drop a return to for free …
Neither of which are on Amazon’s list of acceptable drop-off zones.
The other post offices are too far away to use.
Like the branches of Asda Amazon I suggests I use.
Frankly … ?
I think Amazon really need to offer a bit more of a choice …
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?
Q1) 23rd August saw the start of the Battle of Stalingrad. In which year of the 1940s?Q2) The Battle was fought during which war?Q3) The Battle was fought in which country: the USSR, France or Poland?Q4) The Axis forces trying to take Stalingrad, were led by troops from where: Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan or Fascist Italy?Q5) Finally … ? The Battle was fought on what: the Eastern Front, Western Front or the North African Front?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 22nd August is Flag Day in Russia. How many colours are there, in the Russian flag?A1) Three.Q2) Name one of those colours.A2) White, blue or red.Q3) The current version of the Russian flag was introduced by the then Russian president. Who was that president: Mikhail Gorbachev, Boris Yeltsin or Vladimir Putin?A3) Boris Yeltsin.Q4) The flag is used as Russia’s Civil Ensign. In other words, by civilian Russian whats: trains, planes or ships?A4) Ships.Q5) Finally … ? The flag is a horizontal what: bicolour, tricolour or particolour?A5) Tricolour.
Here’s a thought …
“Marked by intense close-quarters combat and heavy civilian losses during aerial bombardment, the battle is considered the largest and deadliest urban battle in military history … ”From the Wikipedia entry on the battle.
And an short …
The next 10 question sets are on 26th August, and 5th, 7th and 11th September: they’re about International Dog Day, the Muppet Show, Boston and the Nine-Eleven attacks.
There’s a twelve question set on 8th September: about Star Trek.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum! Debbi’s back. (It was Boris Yeltsin, Mum, rather than Mikhail Gorbachev.)
† They’re bit of a git, Debbi, aren’t they … ?
Oh, did I mention this chap … ? He’s rather entertaining …

No comments:
Post a Comment