24th August, 2026: the Exoplanet.
Right, then: it’s Monday.
Which means I’m off to my weight management course, again.
And, as ever, I’m hoping the crisps won’t have affected my weight … again …
We’ll have to see …
~≈🐍≈~
One thing I do know?
Is that I’ve woken up early: to cold weather.
At least, cold weather for August.
Given we’ve had five heat-waves, this year?
I’m not complaining!
~≈🥶≈~
That, in case you didn’t know it, as a copy of Paul Hardcastle’s 1986 hit, “The Wizard”: I’ve just bought a copy from Apple’s Music.app.
Give it a listen, please.
Done it … ?
I’ve a question.
Yes, I know … the laugh is Vincent Price: the same clip used in Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”.
Here’s the question, though.
The spoken words, the “Alive Again” speech part way through, and the “Plastic demon” bit at the end … ?
I’m right, aren’t I … ?
That’s Geoffrey Bayldon, isn’t it?
It’s Catweazle … !!!!!
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Irene† and Debbi‡, putting in their answers: with Mum and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Irene on four.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?
Q1) The discovery of the closest exoplanet to Earth was announced on 24th August. Of which year: 2014, 2016 or 2018?Q2) The planet in question is what: Proxima Centauri c, Proxima Centauri b or Proxima Centauri a?Q3) The planet was discovered by whom: NASA, the Vatican Observatory or the European Southern Observatory?Q4) Is the planet in its stars habitable zone: yes, or no?Q5) Finally … ? What star is the planet orbiting?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 23rd August saw the start of the Battle of Stalingrad. In which year of the 1940s?A1) 1942.Q2) The Battle was fought during which war?A2) World War Two.Q3) The Battle was fought in which country: the USSR, France or Poland?A3) The USSR.Q4) The Axis forces trying to take Stalingrad, were led by troops from where: Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan or Fascist Italy?A4) Nazi Germany.Q5) Finally … ? The Battle was fought on what: the Eastern Front, Western Front or the North African Front?A5) The Eastern Front. (I can never hear the phrase, without thinking of the Fiends of the Eastern Front strip.)
Here’s a thought …
“[The planet] orbits its parent star at a distance of about 0.04848 AU (7.253 million km; 4.506 million mi) with an orbital period of approximately 11.2 Earth days.”From the Wikipedia entry on the planet.
And a Neil deGrasse Tyson short …
The next 10 question sets are on 26th August, and 5th, 7th and 11th September: they’re about International Dog Day, the Muppet Show, Boston and the Nine-Eleven attacks.
There’s a twelve question set on 8th September: about Star Trek.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum! (5/5: well done!
† Welcome back, Irene!
‡ How’s the treatment going, Debbi … ?

No comments:
Post a Comment