Monday 22 February 2016

The Daily Teaser — 22-2-2016

Oh, blimey, it’s back!

Did I tell you I’ve an HD Set-top box?   One that lets me record HD channels, SD channels … and, thankfully, radio.

Unlike my TV, which just records TV signals.

Frankly … ?   The thing doesn’t get THAT much use: except when Dr Who is one: I usually end up recording the HD version to a USB stick, in parallel with the SD version my TV can record.

My set-top box’s ability to record radio comes in handy: especially when Radio 4 starts airing my favourite comedies.

Yes.

You’re right.

Just A Minute’s back on.

I’m looking forward to it: Paul Merton’s setting a bit of a record … 


~≈Ê≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 22nd February, 1371, saw Robert 2nd become King of Scotland.   He was the first king from which royal house?
Q2) 22nd February, 1959, saw Lee Petty win the very first Daytona 500.   The race is how long: 500 miles, 750 miles or 1000 miles?
Q3) Scientist announced they had successfully cloned a sheep: on 22nd February, 1997.   What Was the sheep called?
Q4) 22nd February is the date of one the Roman Catholic Feast of Peter’s Chair.   The chair itself is in Saint Peter’s Basilica.   In which Italian City?
Q5) Finally … Founder’s Day is celebrated by Scouts and Guides: on 22nd February.   Whose birthday does it mark?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 21st February, 1972, saw the start of a visit by the US President: to Communist China.   Which US President?
Q2) The USS Bismarck Sea was sunk: on 21st February, 1945.   The ship was sunk by what kind of Japanese attack?
A2) A kamikaze attack.
Q3) Gerald Holton completed his design of peace symbol: on 21st February, 1958.   Which group did he design the symbol for?
A3) The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, or CND.
Q4) 21st February, 1937, saw the League of Nations ban volunteers entering what: the Red Cross, the Eurovision Song Contest or the Spanish Civil War?
Q5) Finally … 21st February, 1975, saw two White House aides jailed: for their involvement in the Watergate Scandal.   The Scandal famously involved which US President?
A5) Him, again: Richard Nixon.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“Running an airline is a normal job. Racing is more.”
Niki Lauda, born 22 February 1949.
And this music …


Have a good day.














*        Isn’t it just, Debbi!   I’ll have to see if I can get some of the DVD extras to you, Debbi: Kim Newman’s thought are interesting.   Oh, by the way, congratulations: I saw the Tweet!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Stuart
Q2) 500 miles
Q3) Dolly
Q4) Rome (The Vatican that’s supposed to be a state within it)
Q5) Robert Baden-Powell, 1st Baron Baden-Powell
I'm not in the UK now but I hope to catch up when I'm back. Thanks for keeping me posted.

Debbi said...

Yes, thanks, Paul! :) I hope it'll go into production and that I can watch them film, if so! :)

1. Stewart
2. 500
3. Dolly
4. Rome (I'm assuming you don't mean Vatican City, which is separate from Italy, jurisdiction-wise)
5. Robert Baden-Powell

BTW, I watched Doctor Who on my iMac, after converting the files to MP4. Thanks for the extras! :)