Sunday 28 February 2016

The Daily Teaser — 28-2-2016: Waco … 

You know, it’s a Sunday.   And, thankfully … ?

It’s one I’m thankful I’ve got off.

Mainly … ?   Well, mainly, it means I can see my family: I get to see my nephew, Jude, as well.

It also means I can start organising ripping DVDs for my sister, Ruth.   Happily … ?   I’ve actually managed to persuade one member of my family that you don’t actually need a DVD to watch a movie.

What else am I doing … ?

Oh yeah … !

Shopping.

Which is going to be fun, considering how bloody cold it is, out there!

I’d better make sure I’m wearing a jumper … 

~≈≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s themed‡ questions, shall we?   Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 28th February, 1993, saw US government agents raid the Branch Davidian compound in Waco.   Waco is in which US state?
Q2) Famously, the Davidians were led by whom?
Q3) The Davidians were a splinter group of which church: the Roman Catholic, Seventh Day Adventists or Jehovah’s Witnesses?
Q4) The Davidian compound was the Mount what Centre?
Q5) The government agents were led by officer from which Agency: the CIA, ATF or NSA?
Q6) Finally … the siege ended in which month of 1993: March, April or May?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 27th February, 1900, saw the founding of Britain’s Labour Party.   Who’s the current Party Leader?
Q2) More to the point, is the party current in Government, or Opposition?
Q3) The party is usually described as what: left-wing, right-wing or centrist?
A3) left-wing.
Q4) The party is an outgrowth of Britain’s Trade Union movement.   Most of the UK’s unions are members of the Trades Union … what?
A4) Trades Union Congress.
Q5) Finally … who, in 1924, was Labour’s first Prime Minister: Clement Attlee, Ramsey MacDonald or Keir Hardie?
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“An apocalyptic sect like the Branch Davidians should not have been handled as if it would ‘submit to tactical pressure’ the way a band of ordinary criminals would, Dr. Stone said.”
From Memories of Waco Siege Continue to Fuel Far Right Groups: A New York Times report.
And this video … 


Have a good day … !











*        Oh, talking of politics, Olga — sort of! — have you been watching the Netflix version of House of Cards?   Only I caught this item on the BBC news, yesterday.   Is it JUST me or are the US presidential campaigns getting … odd?   (Either that, or  TV shows are starting to leak!)

†        I’ve been watching the reboot, myself, Debbi.   We’re a week or two behind in the UK, so the most recent I’ve caught is Episode 3: which was both incredibly silly … and VERY entertaining!   (Actually … ?   I’m thinking Gillian Anderson’s looking better now, than she did in the original version of the show.   Traditionally … ?   There’s cries of Phwoar, involved …!)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Texas
Q2) David Koresh
Q3) Seventh Day Adventists
Q4) Carmel
Q5) ATF
Q6) April
That is one item of news that most readers of fiction would think stretches the imagination if they'd just read about it in a book.
I don't have a subscription to Netflix (I don't watch much TV at all, especially when I'm in the UK. Here my mother watches more so...). I'm with Amazon prime for the time being for other reasons. But I agree with you. If you want fun, here in Spain the elections ended up with no winner and the negotiations now are... let's say interesting. If you remember an old TV series called Soap http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075584/?ref_=nv_sr_1 Well, that was much more serious than this...

Debbi said...

Gillian Anderson is looking quite fine! As is David Duchovny! :)

1. Texas
2. David Koresh
3. Seventh Day Adventists
4. Carmel
5. ATF
6. April