Saturday 6 February 2016

The Daily Teaser — 6-2-2016

Right … I can officially say I’m looking forward to finishing both Stormbringer, and Weaveworld.

Although Weaveworld is a bit of a big beast … !

The reason I mention this … ?

Is that I’ve ordered a short story collection called Press Play To Start: one with a video games theme.

I’d like to read it … because there’s a contribution from noted video games writer Rhianna Pratchett.

Yes … she’s his daughter: frankly … ?

That’s why I’m getting it.

I’m a fan of  her father: and felt I’d like to see how she does.

I suspect she’s picked up some of the family talent.

That’s just going on her current record …

~≈fl≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw both Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 6th February, 1987, saw Justice Mary Gaudron appointed as the first female judge appointed to which country’s High Court: Australia’s, New Zealand’s or Canada’s?
Q2) Washington National Airport was renamed: on 6th February, 1998.   After which US president: Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton?
Q3) Ariel Sharon and his party won a landslide victory in his country’s election: on 6th February, 2001.   Which country is it?
Q4) 6th February, 2012, marked the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.   In other words, it marked how many years on the throne: fifty, sixty or seventy?
Q5) Finally … 6th February, 2013, saw a Magnitude 8 earthquake hit the Solomon Islands.   Islands, and earthquake, were in which Ocean: the Atlantic, Pacific or Indian?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 5th February, 1982, saw Laker Airways go into receivership.   The board meeting that declared the company bankrupt was at which airport: Luton, Gatwick or Heathrow?
A1) Gatwick.
Q2) 5th February, 1924, saw first broadcast of the Greenwich Time Signal.   How many pips are currently broadcast, each hour: four, five or six?
A2) Six.
Q3) 5th February, 1958, saw the US Airforce lose what: a B-52 bomber, a air base or a hydrogen bomb?
A3) A hydrogen bomb.   (The bomb’s never been recovered from Wassaw Sound.   Any fish in the area must be interesting … )
Q4) Leo Baekeland announced he created the world’s first synthetic plastic: on 3rd February, 1909.   What was the plastic called?
A4) Bakelite.
Q5) Finally … 5th February, 1969, saw the birth of actor, Michael Sheen.   In which 2009 film did he play manager, Brian Clough?
A5) The Damned United.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“Accomplishment is such a patronizing, dangerous word, isn’t it? I haven’t really accomplished anything. The most accomplished thing I’ve done is to have lived this long.”
Patrick Macnee, 6 February 1922 – 25 June 2015.
And this song …


Have a good day …














*        I have to admit, Olga, I’ve never sat down and watched it: The Damned United, that is.   You’re not the first person that’s told me it’s a good one.   (I don’t know if a lost nuclear bomb’s a good basis for a book: I’ll leave that to you.   I DO know I’d like to see what’s happened to the fish in the seas it landed in.)

†        Glad to hear it, Debbi … !   (Oh, I’m looking forward to read Rhianna Pratchett’s entry in Press Play To Start: but remind me to tell you about Weaveworld, at some point.)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Australia
Q2) Ronald Reagan
Q3) Israel
Q4) Sixty
Q5) South Pacific (love the musical)
I hope you enjoy the stories. I have so many books to read in my Kindle I’ve lost count and I keep acquiring more (although most are from review sites, free, or from publishers or authors). Still, not enough time…

Debbi said...

Wow, that book sounds cool! I love the parallel worlds concept!

1. Australia's
2. Ronald Reagan (boo! hiss!)
3. Israel
4. sixty
5. Pacific