Monday 30 May 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 30th May, 2022

30th May, 2022.


It’s officially the case: that a man whose up early to have an ultrasound has to fast.

Yes: I’m up early.

I’ve an appointment for an ultrasound scan.   Which — hopefully — will show nothing serious.

However?

It’s early enough that I need to be up early: and I have to fast.

Or, at least, have no more than black tea.

For at least six hours before the process.

As you can imagine?

I’m looking forward to getting done.

I really don’t like hunger pangs!

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Debbi† and Olga‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five and Mum on four.

The day also saw Trevor^ leaving us a message. Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        30th May is Statehood Day in Croatia.   It marks the day Croatia first multiparty what convened: parliament, elections or cabinet?

Q2)        That event happened in which year of the 1990s?

Q3)        The European Space Agency was formed.   On May 30th of which year: 1974, 1975 or 1976?

Q4)        Footballer, Steven Gerrard, was born on 30th May, 1980.   He’s currently managing who: Liverpool, Aston Villa or Rangers?

Q5)        Finally … ?   30th May, 1539, saw an expedition lead by Hernando de Soto arrive in what’s now Tampa Bay.   His expedition was searching for which metal: gold, silver or platinum?
Yesterday’s answers are in today’s video.

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        T. H. White was born: on 29th May, 1906.   His best known novels were published collectively as The Once and Future King.   The work was about whom: King Arthur, Spring Heeled Jack or Robin Hood?
A1)        King Arthur.

Q2)        29th May is the feast day of Bona of Pisa.   She’s the patron saint of whom: pilgrims, farmers or bakers?
A2)        Pilgrims.

Q3)        The first Roman Catholic Pope to visit Canterbury Cathedral, did so on 29th May, 1982.   Which pope was it: John Paul 2nd, Benedict 16th or Francis?
A3)        John Paul 2nd.

Q4)        Writer, G. K. Chesterton, was born on 29th May, 1874.   He created which fictional detective: Miss Marple, Father Brown or Sherlock Holmes?
A4)        Father Brown.

Q5)        The first space shuttle to dock at the International Space Station, did so on 29th May, 1999.   Which space shuttle: the Discovery, Enterprise or Columbia?
A5)        The Discovery.
Here’s a thought … 
“Films pay the pocketbook, and theatre pays the soul.”
Keir Dullea, born May 30, 1936.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.







*        Hello, Mum!

        Yeah: I can imagine, Olga.   Too much hot food in those conditions, does sound off-putting.   Saying that?   Mind you, I tend to eat later, if it’s hot: I can’t imagine that’s good, either!
        I HAVE to admit, I’ve never eaten rabbit.   The fact my family’s had pet rabbits over the years has always put me off.   It’s hard to see them as dinner, when they’re in the garden!
        I’m just thankful we’ve not had a papal visit in Brentwood: the 2012 torch going through town was bonkers enough!

‡        Lobstertail?   Lobstertail, Debbi?   That’s that interesting rock formation in Cornwall, isn’t it?   :D   At any rate, I’m glad to hear those ten question sets paid off!   Oh, Devonshire’s the older version of the county’s name: it’s usually just called Devon, these days.   There’s still a Duke of Devonshire: although their ancestral seat, Chatsworth House, in in Derbyshire.   (Despite sharing its name with a city in West Yorkshire, Leeds Castle’s in Kent.)

^        OK … how do Derbyshire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Somerset, Essex, Kent, Surrey, Sussex, West Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hertfordshire, Lancashire, Cornwall and Devon sound, Trevor?   That’s before I Google for how many Yorkshires there are.   Why on EARTH is Essex not called Chelmsfordshire?

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Parliament

Q2) 1990

Q3) 1975

Q4) Aston Villa

Q5) Gold
I hope the ultrasound went well. I don't have breakfast, ever, so those kinds of things don't bother me, but with diabetes things get quite tricky as well.

Debbi said...

Wow! I could probably reel off all 50 states, but I got blisters on me fingers! :)

1. parliament
2. 1990
3. 1975
4. Aston Villa
5. gold

Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, New Hampshire, New York, Nebraska, North Dakota, Nevada, South Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, North Carolina, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington, Wyoming, Wisconsin.

OMG! I got all but 4 without help. And I can't believe I missed the four I did!

Freda said...

1 Parliment
2 1990
3 1975
4 Aston Villa
5 Gold