Wednesday 4 May 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 4th May, 2022.

4th May, 2022.


Yes: it’s a quiet Wednesday.

One with something of a quandary.

I’m due a phone appointment with my GP at some point, today.

I don’t know when: as they don’t give you a time.

I also need to go and get milk, and order some more of my diabetes medications.

I can’t afford to phone, not on my money!

What to do … ?

Apart from muddle through, somehow, I don’t know!

~≈Ù≈~

I have to admit, I met a politician, yesterday.

Over the past few years?   I’ve had a minor issue: of local political parties shoving things through my door.

Despite my asking the local parties involved?

At least one — the local Liberal Democrats — have ignored my request.

Despite the fact they had a list of addresses who’d asked not to receive leaflets.   I know that because I used to deliver for them, around here.

I was grateful that I caught Dominic Naylor, the local Liberal Democrat councillor that’s standing for re-election, delivering their most recent batch: yesterday.

I took the stuff out of the letterbox, pointedly ripped it up, handed it back to him … and politely — I hope! — told him I’d rather not have their stuff put through my door.

I wish him well, and wish him luck.

But hope that theatrical bit of bluntness makes my point.

I really don’t want political leaflets through my door.

~≈Ù≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.


The day also saw Debbi and  Trevor^ wishing Olga a belated Happy Birthday!


Let’s move on and see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.   (Today’s video has yesterday’s answers.)


Q1)        4th May, 1776, saw Rhode Island become the first American colony to renounce its allegiance to whom: the US president, George 3rd or the Illuminati?

Q2)        4th May is Saint Florian’s Day. He’s the patron saint of whom: the police, paramedics, firefighters or the coast guard?

Q3)        Peter Minuit arrived in New Netherland: on 4th May, 1626.   New Netherland is better known as which East Coast Island?

Q4)        The first Grammy awards were held: on 4th May, 1959.   The Grammys are award in which of the arts: music, film or theatre?

Q5)        Finally … ?   4th May, 2000, saw the election of the first mayor of where: London, Manchester or Liverpool?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        Washington DC’s city government came into existence.   On 3rd May of which year: 1801, 1802 or 1803?
A1)        1802.

Q2)        Washington DC is the District of where: Columbia, Constantine or Constantinopolis?
A2)        Columbia.

Q3)        DC is the seat of the US what government: Federal Government or state government?
A3)        Federal government.

Q4)        The city is on the banks of the what: Thames, Potomac or Mississippi?
A4)        The Potomac.

Q5)        The city was named after President Washington, the first US president.   What was his first name?
A5)        George.

Here’s a thought … 

“I’m half-Irish, half-Dutch, and I was born in Belgium.   If I was a dog, I’d be in a hell of a mess!”
Audrey Hepburn, 4 May 1929 – 20 January 1993.

And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        I think my Mum and my sister Anna are planning something similar, Olga: a joint do, so to speak!   Wish your mother a Happy Birthday, feliz cumpleaños, for me!   And make sure it’s a good cake, as well!
        The possible upside to the classes begin cancelled?   Is at least you have the day off … in theory!
        Yeah, Wicked has a very good reputation.   Someone I knew went to see the preview version, a few years ago: the version they do as a mix of dress rehearsal, and effects run.   The producers get audience feed back, that way.   It’s quite something to see, I’m told.   Can you let Jordi and his wife know they’d possibly hate New York: it’s supposed to be even worse!   (That’s possibly a cue for Debbi: she’s from New York!)

        Hello, Mum!   Happy Birthday!

        We can safely say you got five out of five, Debbi: it’s easy to forget you have home field advantage, there!   Oh … I thought this piece would interest you.   Apparently, one bookie has slashed the odds on Lydia West.

^        I’m not mentioning Ides, Trevor, I never know WHAT might happen!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) To King George III

Q2) firefighters

Q3) Manhattan

Q4) Music

Q5) London
Happy Stars Wars day! And thank Trevor and Debbie on my behalf as well. Wouldn't you know it? Jordin just phoned me, and as I aren't leaving now until later in the week, we'll do next Monday's class, so no rest for the wicked (I won't have a class in the afternoon, but well...)

Freda said...

1 George 3rd
2 Firefighters
3 Cmape Cod
4 Music
5 London

Debbi said...

Hmmm. We shall see, eh? :)

1. George 3rd (nothing personal, I'm sure ...)
2. firefighters (I'll have to tell Rick)
3. Manhattan (and what of Staten Island and Long Island? were they also New Netherland? oh, my!)
4. music
5. London (They didn't elect a mayor until 2000? Wow!)