Friday 12 July 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12-7-2024 — Buckminster Fuller

12th July, 2024: Buckminster Fuller.


Right … it’s Friday: and I’ve taken the last jab of Ozempic I’ll be having for a while.

Next week … ?

Is when I start on the new medication: a 2.5mg injection of Mounjaro.

We’ll have to see how that does.

~≈Ü≈~

Right at the moment … ?

I’m tired: and nervous about going out.

As I don’t want to be too far from a toilet.

Yep: I’ve been hit, over night.

By a case of the rampaging trots!

Well, when I say “rampaging” … ?

It’s not so much rampaging, as wearing spiky leather armour, and chasing Tom Hardy across a desert!


And when I say, overnight?

I literally mean all night!

I’ll be blunt, I was using the loo every twenty minutes or so!

It’s slowed down, this morning.

But?

Is still happening.

You can see why I don’t want to head out, don’t you … ?

At any rate … why this is happening … ?

Is a mystery to me.

But I’m willing to bet it’s something I ate!

In retropect, that Cornish pasty seems suspect*!

~≈Ü≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga†, Mum‡ and Debbi§ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        12th July saw the birth of Buckminster Fuller.   In which year of the 1890s?

Q2)        His Dymaxion map is a map of where: Earth, Mars or Jupiter?

Q3)        Buckminsterfullerene is named for him.   It’s a type of what: carbon, iron or silicon?

Q4)        The Biospere is a building designed by Fuller.   It’s in which French-speaking city?

Q5)        Finally … ?   In spite of his achievements, he was twice expelled from where: Harvard, Yale or Johns Hopkins?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Waterloo Station open on 11th July.   Of which year of the 1840s?
A1)        1848.

Q2)        It opened as Waterloo what Station: Waterloo Bridge, Waterloo Road or Waterloo Cross?
A2)        Waterloo Bridge.

Q3)        It replaced a station called what: Eight Oaks, Nine Elms or Ten Pines?
A3)        Nine Elms.   (Waterloo is closer to the West End, apparently.)

Q4)        Waterloo is next to a London Underground station.   Called what?
A4)        Waterloo: or Waterloo tube station.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Waterloo Station is in which London Borough: Wandsworth, Lambeth or Southwark?
A5)        Lambeth.
Given the recent French and British elections?

This quote seemed relevant!
“To ask a politician to lead us is to ask the tail of a dog to lead the dog.”
Buckminster Fuller.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Suspect … and covered in spikes!

        That’s something I’ve noticed, Olga, allotment holders seem to like handing stuff out.   Or, at least, one of the chaps I worked with at KFC, did.   Those vegetables certainly help.   And my Aunty Bella grew her own runner beans.   The pink and black beans fascinated me!
        The settings app is certainly a mess, Olga: it has been since they changed them from Preferences.   That was a lot easier to navigate.   Still, between that and the freed up drive space, I’m doing well, I think.

        Hello, Mum!

§        I can imagine, Debbi!   And I don’t know what’s worse: the runs, or last night’s earworm … !   Stuck on the toilet with this going through my head was not funny!

2 comments:

Mum said...

1 1895
2 Earth
3 Carbon
4 Montreal
5 Harvard

Debbi said...

Well, you know that I understand. :)

I wonder if that quote inspired the title of the movie "Wag the Dog".

1. 1895
2. Earth
3. carbon
4. Montreal
5. Harvard