Tuesday 30 July 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 30th July 2024

30th July, 2024.


It’s officially Tuesday!

And … ?

I’m getting the impression it’s going to be quiet, bar making movies … and taking the various substances I need to take in preparation for next week.

Heigh-ho!

~≈Ü≈~

I have to admit, I heard about the stabbings in Stockport, yesterday.

I can only extent my condolences to the families of those killed and injured.

Personally?

I’m not saddened by this: I — thankfully — know no-one affected by it.

But … ?

I am glad to hear the attacker’s been caught.

The police at least attempt to ask him why he did this.

~≈Ü≈~

To cap it all … ?

There’s a six-year-old girl called Eudine, who lives in Greenwich: who’s gone missing.

The Metropolitan Police have issued an urgent request for any one with information, to call 999.

My thoughts are with the family of that kid.

They must be understandably worried: the poor child could so easily come to harm.

~≈Ü≈~

Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Jimmy Hoffa disappeared: on 30th July, 1975.   He’d been a notoriously corrupt what: union leader, politician or police officer?

Q2)        The Mars 2020 probe was launched by NASA: on 30th July, 2020.   The Rovers on the probe landed on Mars in which year: 2020, 2021 or 2022?

Q3)        Who won the World Cup on 30th July, 1966?

Q4)        30th July is Independence Day in Vanuatu.   Vanuatu is in which ocean: the South Pacific, the North Atlantic or the Indian … ?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Who held a free concert in Hyde Park on 30th July, 1991: the Rolling Stones, Luciano Pavarotti or Vanessa Mae?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        29th July is Thai Language Day in Thailand.   The language’s script is what: an alphabet, an abugida or an Abjad?
A1)        An abugida.

Q2)        29th July is International Tiger Day.   They’re the largest living big cats, living where: Asia, Africa or Europe?
A2)        Asia.

Q3)        King Charles 3rd got married: on 29th July, 1981.   To whom: Lady Diana Spencer or Camilla Parker Bowles?
A3)        Lady Diana Spencer.

Q4)        29th July saw Greece vote to become a republic.   In which years of the 1970s?
A4)        1973.

Q5)        Finally … ? Snooker player, David Taylor, was born on 29th July, 1943.   He’s known as the Silver what: fox, finch or ferret?
A5)        The Silver Fox.
Here’s a thought …
“I am now quite cured of seeking pleasure in society, be it country or town. A sensible man ought to find sufficient company in himself.”
From Wuthering Heights, by Emily Brönte, 30th July, 1818 – 19 December 1848.
A song …


And an earworm …



Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        It went well enough, Olga: I’ve actually lost weight, two weeks in a row!
        I know what you mean: we’ve got more warm weather for today.   Hopefully, we’ll get the thunderstorms they’re predicting for Thursday!


        I’m glad to hear it, Debbi!
        Moving on to slightly happier stuff?   There’s been some First Look clips released: I didn’t know if you’d seen them … ?










3 comments:

Mum said...

1 Union boss
2 2021
3 England me and your Dad watched it. He wasn't a football fan.
4 St Pacific
5 Pavarotti

Olga said...

Q1) union leader

Q2) 2021

Q3) England

Q4) the South Pacific

Q5) Luciano Pavarotti
Great news about the weight! I have to accompany my mother to have a chest X-ray and we've bought a new fridge (ours is leaking despite cleaning it and unplugging it several times), but I'm not sure we'll manage to fit everything in. We shall see...(Of course, they also have to come and read the gas meter at some point in the next two days, but... well, what do I have to tell you about how everything piles up on the same day?)

Debbi said...

Seems like I barely have time to watch TV. :) Ironic, considering I wouldn't mind writing for TV.

1. union leader
2. 2021
3. England
4. the South Pacific
5. Luciano Pavarotti