Tuesday 9 July 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 9 July, 2024.

9th July, 2024.


Right: it’s now Tuesday!

Which means … I’m staying for a lot of the day.

Apart from when I go out, later.

Yes: I’ve got my usual diabetic foot check, this afternoon.

Heigh ho!

~≈ß≈~

Do you follow the Star Trek franchise, at all?

I do.

So I, like others, know the franchise is made by the various arms of multi-media giant, Paramount.

I’m always very aware the company’s recently announced it will be merging with SkyDance.

Quite what that means for the Star Trek franchise?

I don’t know: but would be interested to find out.

~≈ß≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Mum scoring five out of five, and Debbi on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        9th July is Constitution Day, where: Australia, New Zealand or Vanuatu?

Q2)        9th July is Constitution Day, where: New Zealand, Palau or Vanuatu?

Q3)        9th July is Independence Day in Argentina.   What’s Argentina’s de facto official language?

Q4)        9th July is Independence Day in South Sudan.   When did it become independent from Sudan: 2010, 2011 or 2012 … ?

Q5)        Finally … ?   York Minster caught fire on 9th July, 1984.   A minster is a what: church, mosque or synagogue?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        8th July, 1885, saw the birth of Hugo Boss.   Notoriously, his clothing company designed the uniforms for whom: the Young Pioneers, the Blackshirts or the SS?
A1)        The Schutzstaffel, or SS.

Q2)        The fourth Harry Potter novel was published on 8th July, 2000.   It was called Harry Potter and the Goblet of what: Earth, Air, Fire or Water?
A2)        Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Q3)        8th July is the Feast Day of Saint Grimbald.   The saint was said to be a figure in which King’s court: Charles the Bald’s, Pepin the Fat’s or Alfred the Great’s?
A3)        Alfred the Great’s.

Q4)        Shinzo Abe was assassinated on 8th July, 2022.   He’d been a Prime Minister of where?
A4)        Japan.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Maya Hawke was born on 8th July, 1998. She plays Robin Buckley in which TV series: For All Mankind, Foundation or Stranger Things?
A5)        Stranger Things.   Robin is one of the funniest characters on the show.
Here’s a thought …
“The Labour Party are going to bring in a law that means you can go everywhere you want in the country.   I have checked this with two people and they both said it was true.”
Barbara Cartland§, 9 July 1901 – 21 May 2000.
A Lee Hazlehurst playlist …


And an earworm …



Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Well … … that weight’s back up, Olga: just enough to cancel the amount I lost, last week.   Did you ever hear the phrase “swings and roundabouts”?   That’s exactly what my weight’s doing!   I can only hope Jordi’s wife has an easier time of it!

        Hello, Mum!

‡        Happy birthday, Debbi!   I hope the colonoscopy goes well!   (I’ve had one, myself: the actual procedure isn’t bad … compared to the laxatives!)

§        Dame Barbara obviously spent time talking to the man in the pub … !

4 comments:

Mum said...

1 Australia
2 Palau
3 Spainish
4 2011
5 Church

Olga said...

Q1) Australia

Q2) Palau

Q3) Spanish

Q4) 2011 or 2012

Q5) a church. York Minster is very impressive. As you drive up to the city, from afar, you can see it white, up there. Although it is not my favourite cathedral, it is beautiful. (Thinking about it, I’m not sure what my favourite cathedral is. I like Durham’s cathedral, but I am sure there are plenty I haven’t seen yet that could be my favourite ones. And I also like small churches and very ancient ones).
Sorry about the weight. So many things come into play.
Jordi’s wife is doing well. She came back from the physiotherapy session while we were doing the lesson and she was showing us her progress, and only after three sessions she has recovered a lot of mobility already, so it is looking good. She’ll have to work to recover muscle mass, but they are quite outdoorsy and enjoy going out for walks and also visiting their children, and with two young granddaughters, I’m sure she’ll be busy.

Olga said...

Oh, I wanted to share the link to the picnic I covered on Saturday, as I went to the radio station in the afternoon and the news item made it into the programme in the evening. Here it is:
https://www.el3.cat/noticia/96770/joves-units-del-poble-sec-celebra-un-picnic-comunitari-amb-el-veinat-a-lhort-de-la-font-tr

Debbi said...

Yes, I'm wearing a path to the bathroom. :)

I've done this before. With and without dystonia. Without was easier. :)

1. Australia
2. Palau
3. Spanish
4. 2011
5. church

And thank you for the birthday wishes!