Saturday 13 July 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 13-7-2024 — Harrison Ford

13th July, 2024: Harrison Ford.


Right, then: it’s officially Saturday.

And … ?

My innards feel a lot better: after whatever it was I ate has stopped having unwanted side effects.

What was it that caused the problems?

I don’t know!

But I did have a word with the shop: about the pasty I think caused the issues.

It’s the first complaint They’ve had about them.

Heigh-ho.

~≈¥≈~

I have to admit, over the past couple of evenings?

I’ve watched a couple of films: ones I’ve already seen and reviewed.

Thursday?   I caught John Carpenter’s The Thing.

Last night?   Neil Marshall’s Dog Soldiers.

It’s got to be said: both are still as watchable as they ever were.

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.



The day also saw Olga‡ leaving us a message, here.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Harrison Ford was born on 13th July.   In which year of the 1940s?

Q2)        Does he have a middle name?

Q3)        Harrison played Han Solo in the Star Wars movies.   What was the first Star Wars film Ford appeared in?

Q4)        What was the most recent Star Wars film Ford appears in: Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi or Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker?

Q5)        He first played Indiana Jones in 1981.   In which film?

Q6)        Harrison played Indy, most recently, in Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny was released in which year: 2022, 2023 or 2024?

Q7)        Harrison played Colonel Graff in 2013’s Ender’s Game.   Who played Ender: Colin Morgan, Asa Butterfield or Daniel Radcliffe?

Q8)        Harrison is married to actress, Calista Flockhart.   Calista played which fictional lawyer: Miranda Hobbes, Ally McBeal or She-Hulk?

Q9)        Ford plays Detective Sergeant John Book in Witness.   The film features believers from which American religious group: the Mormons, the Amish or the Great Ghost Dance … ?

Q10)        Finally … ?   Harrison first worked with George Lucas in 1973.   In a film called what: THX 1138, Star Wars or American Graffiti?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        12th July saw the birth of Buckminster Fuller.   In which year of the 1890s?
A1)        1895.

Q2)        His Dymaxion map is a map of where: Earth, Mars or Jupiter?
A2)        Earth.

Q3)        Buckminsterfullerine is named for him.   It’s a type of what: carbon, iron or silicon?
A3)        Carbon.

Q4)        The Biosphere is a building designed by Fuller.   It’s in which French-speaking city?
A4)        Montreal.

Q5)        Finally … ?   In spite of his achievements, he was twice expelled from where: Harvard, Yale or Johns Hopkins?
A5)        Harvard.
Here’s a thought …
“I don’t do stunts - I do running, jumping and falling down.”
Harrison Ford.
A — ha! — song …


And an earworm§ …



Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        I really couldn’t tell you, Debbi!   But the phrase has been around for a while!

        I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you, Olga!

§        What would she look like with a chimney on her?   We still don’t know!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Good to know you are feeling better. It is normally very difficult to know where a stomach upset comes from, unless a group of people all eating at the same place and the same thing becomes ill. At home it is difficult, unless there are lots of people and nobody has eaten anything from outside. I remember we spent Christmas at my aunt and uncle's years back (my parents were visiting me in the UK and they invited us), and my mother got very unwell, and was very sick when we arrived home. I also felt unwell, but not as bad as her, and I hadn't eaten the turkey (which my cousin John had prepared for the first time, and my aunt wasn't sure it had cooked well enough), so we weren't sure what it might have been, as I had some vegetarian options and nobody else became sick. It probably was a bug, but my aunt told me that they'd thrown everything to the dustbin, just in case.
I almost forgot the teaser:
Q1) 1942

Q2) No

Q3) Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope

Q4) Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Q5) Raiders of the Lost Ark

Q6) 2023

Q7) Asa Butterfield

Q8) Ally McBeal

Q9) the Amish (I do like this movie a lot).

Q10) American Graffiti (Fabulous soundtrack)
The rest of the day went without other technical problems, although the guy I was meeting, the chef of an African restaurant who runs a cooperative, was almost an hour late, so yes, it was a day of delays and quite trying of my patience. I hope you have a nice Saturday. We've had some surprise rain, so the weather is a bit cool, although it won't last. I'm going for an evening walk, so I prefer it this way.

Mum said...

1 1942
2 No
3 Star Wars
4 The Rise Of Skywalker
5 Raiders of the List Arc
6 2023
7 ASAP Butterfield
8 Ally McBeal
9 The Amish
10 American Graffiti

Debbi said...

Okay. Here we go.

1. 1942
2. no
3. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
5. Raiders of the Lost Ark
6. 2023
7. Asa Butterfield
8. Ally McBeal (A totally fictional attorney! LOL!)
9. the Amish
10. American Graffiti

Why do his movies have such long titles? Ow. :)