Friday 19 July 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 19th July, 2024.

19th July, 2024.


Right … it’s Friday … and I have a problem … 

I was due to start my new medication, today.

The 2.5mg doses of Mounjaro: in what the manufacturer, Eli Lilly, call a Kwikpen.

It’s like the Ozempic pens I’m used to.

You have a pen filled with so many doses of the drug, you screw on a disposable needle, you inject yourself with the meds … then unscrew the needle, and shove it in a sharps bin.

The Ozempic?

You get the disposable needles with the pens.

The Trulicity I’ve used?

The needles are built into the pens.

The Mounjaro, by contrast?

I’ve opened my first box of the stuff, this morning.

To find it doesn’t come with the needed needles.

I’ve phoned my local pharmacists, obviously.

Apparently?

You need to get the needles prescribed separately … !

I’m going into my surgery, today: to arrange for an emergency prescription.

But, as you can imagine … ?

I’m not bloody happy.

And wish someone had mentioned this!

~≈Ω≈~

I’m not happy.

Obviously.

Neither’s a lot of the planet.

Seemingly, there’s a lot of computer outages going on, today: that many say is being caused by issues with Microsoft products and services.

I’m … 

I’m a long term Mac user: and going to get mildly smug about that.

But also … ?

Mildly sympathetic.

It’s possibly not the time to paraphrase Murphy’s Law:
“If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong, at the worst possible time.”
~≈Ω≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.


 Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        The Ordeal of Gilbert Pinfold was published on 19th July, 1957.   Who wrote The Ordeal of Gilbert Pinfold: Evelyn Waugh, Devlin Waugh or Auberon Waugh?

Q2)        Daniel Fry was born on 19th July, 1908.   He claimed — in 1949 — to have been contacted by who: Soviet spies, aliens or men in black?

Q3)        19th July, 1223 saw the birth of Al-Malik al-Zahir Rukn al-Din Baybars al-Bunduqdari: also known as Baybars.   He was Sultan of where: Egypt and Syria, Syria and Persia or Persia and Egypt?

Q4)        19th July, 1947 saw the birth of guitarist, Brian May.   His signature guitar is the custom made, Red … what?

Q5)        Finally … ?   19th July, 1943, saw the bombing or where: Rome, Addis Ababa or Hiroshima?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        18th July is the feast day of Saint Eadburh of Bicester.   Where is Bicester: Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire or Hampshire?
A1)        Oxfordshire.   (It’s pronounced BIS-ter, so you know.)

Q2)        18th July, 1870, saw the First Vatican Council declare that the Pope was what: Catholic, Liberal or Infallible?
A2)        Infallible.

Q3)        Which US city declared itself bankrupt on 18th July, 2013: New York, Detroit or Chicago?
A3)        Detroit.

Q4)        Actor, Mark Sinclair, was born on 18th July, 1967.   How is he better known: Harrison Ford, Vin Diesel or Christian Bale?
A4)        Vin Diesel.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Actress, Kristen Bell, was born on 18th July, 1980.   She’s voice’s Princess Anna, in which animated film: Toy Story, Frozen or Ralph Breaks the Internet?
A5)        Frozen.
Here’s a thought …
“Even if my country remains at war with yours … remember … I am not your enemy.”
From The Keys of the Kingdom, by A. J. Cronin, 19 July 1896 – 6 January 1981.
A song that shows off May’s signature guitar …


And an earworm§ …



Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Busy day, yesterday, Olga?   Or has your computer been hit by the outage?

        Hello, Mum!

        Didn’t they just, Debbi?   :D

§        Is it just me, or does that tune have a vaguely folk horror feel to it?   I’m expecting Florence Pugh to start dancing around a maypole … 

3 comments:

Mum said...

1 Evelyn Waugh
2 Aliens
3 Egypt and Syria
4 Special
5 Rome

Olga said...

I am not sure what you mean, as it seems you got the answers. I definitely posted them. I think I also replied on Twitter, but I am not sure. It wasn't a particularly great day and I was busy trying to sort out a few things at home as my mother had gone out with a friend and was out of the way, but no, as far as I know, nothing the matter with whatever issues Microsoft are having. (Fingers crossed!) These days I have far too many headaches already, but whatever.
Q1) Evelyn Waugh

Q2) aliens

Q3) Egypt and Syria

Q4) Special

Q5) Rome
Sorry, I think I sent the answers in a separate message. I don't think that's down to Microsoft but to my brain.

Debbi said...

Ah! The Wicker Man! Poor old Eddie Woodward. :)

1. Evelyn Waugh
2. aliens
3. Egypt and Syria
4. Special
5. Rome