Monday 18 March 2013

The Daily Teaser — 18-3-2013

Bleaugh … 

It’s a Monday.   You’d possibly noticed, hadn’t you … ?

Which means, of course, I’ve a nice big trip into Basildon for the work programme I have to attend.

And it has to be said, I’m still not convinced it’s helpful.

I think having had near enough half a dozen advisors in the year I’ve been there really doesn’t help.

Yes, I know that a new view, every-so-often, helps.

But I always think it’s like having the same GP for years.   You get to build up a relationship that helps, as it’s been going a while.

Oh, well … 

Guess I’ll have to see what happens, today.   Let’s move on, shall we … ?

~~≈≈~~

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: along with quietly telling us she quietly transitioning her blog, also bagged 7 out of 7*.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we … ?

Her they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video

Q1) 18th March, 1950, saw the birth of actor, Brad Dourif.   Which character did he play in the Lord of the Rings trilogy … ?
Q2) 18th March, 1314, saw Jacques DeMoley burnt at the stake: which religious order had he been the head of … ?
Q3) 18th March, 1834, saw 6 farm workers from Tolpuddle sentenced to be transported to Australia.   For attempting to form what … ?
Q4) More to the point, how are these farm workers remembered … ?
Q5) 18th March, 1850, saw Henry Wells and William Fargo found American Express: which other company did they found … ?
Q6) And finally … 18th March, 1965, saw which Russian cosmonaut, become the first person to walk in space … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Which Irish author wrote the novel Dracula?
A1) Bram Stoker.
Q2) Who was President of Ireland from 1945-1959?
A2) Sean O’Kelly.
Q3) Which American President’s ancestors came from Ballyporeen in Co Tipperary, Ireland?
A3) Ronald Reagan.
Q4) What is the most westerly county of the Republic of Ireland?
A4) Kerry.
Q5) Name the largest county in the Leinster province of Ireland?
A5) Wexford.
Q6) Saint Patrick’s Day, 2012, saw the death of which Pope … ?
A6) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Shenouda_III_of_Alexandria.   (Shenouda was the Pope of the Egyptian Coptic Church: not all popes, and not all Irish, are Catholic.)
Q7) And finally … which member of the The Corrs was born on Saint Patrick’s Day, 1973 … ?
A7) Singer, pianist, and bodhrán player, Caroline Corr.
I’ll leave you with this tune from birthday girl, Queen Latifah … 


And this quote from the late US winemaker, Ernest Gallo …
“My brother Julio and I worked to improve the quality of wines from California and to put fine wine on American dinner tables at a price people could afford”.
Ernest Gallo  March 18, 1909 – March 6, 2007
Enjoy your day.





*        I have to admit, Debbi, you’ve just out-researched me: looks I got that one wrong!   (It’s cool: means I learn something … ! :D )

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I'm always learning. That's the way I see it. :)

BTW, let me know how you like the new blog. I hope you don't mind being featured in the template. At least, for now. :)

1. Gríma Wormtongue
2. Grand Master of the Knights Templar
3. a union
4. the Tolpuddle Martyrs Museum
5. Wells Fargo
6. Alexei Leonov