Tuesday, 26 March 2013

The Daily Teaser — 26-3-2013

Oh, now THAT’S annoying … !

I’ve got to reset my Apple ID!

That’s a bit of a git, at this time of the morning.   Especially when you’ve no idea what the answers to your security questions were … !

Git!

Means I’m going to be doing some frantic typing, later … !

Let’s move on, shall we … ?

Lets: before my irritation gets the better of me … !

~≈≈≈~

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her questions: along with running a question past me, she also managed to bag five out of five.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?   Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 

Q1) In Latin, Tuesday is the dies Martis: or day of which Roman god … ?
Q2) Which Biblical figure do many Eastern Orthodox churches celebrate on a Tuesday … ?
Q3) According to the nursery rhyme, Tuesday’s child is what: fair of face, full of grace, or running a race … ?
Q4) The Tuesday before Ash Wednesday is what Tuesday … ?
Q5) And finally … Tuesday is associated with which Norse god … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 25th March, 1306, saw Robert the Bruce crowned as King of Scotland: at which abbey … ?   
A1) Scone.
Q2) More to the point, that Abbey is near which Scottish town: Glasgow, Inverness or Perth … ?   
A2) Perth.
Q3) For many years, the symbolic Stone the Bruce was crowned on, was held in which London Abbey … ?   
A3) Westminster.
Q4) Robert the Bruce famously led Scotland to victory at which 1314 battle … ?   
A4) The Battle Of Bannockburn.
Q5) And finally … Robert was succeeded as King of Scotland, by his son: under what name did his son take the throne… ?   
A5) David 2nd.
I’ll leave you with this quote from Liam Neeson …
“I’m not the kind of actor that would know what my character had for breakfast last Tuesday.”
Liam Neeson
And this song from The Pogues … 


Now, if you’ll excuse me … ?

I’m going to reset my id … !











*        Actually, neither, Debbi: much as I’d like to look cultural and say Yes.   No, it’s the name of the system voice I prefer using: OS X has about 10 of them … !   I used Bruce on my original G4 tower: when I got Bruce, I defaulted to Alex: and got the names mixed up.   Which possibly sounds strange: admitting I’ve get the voices mixed up … !   (Benny Bernassi’s Satisfaction uses a couple of the other voices: Vicki and the (real) Bruce voice.   I’m just not going to show the video: it’s a bit TOO distracting for this time of the morning … … … !!)

2 comments:

  1. Phew … !

    At ANY rate, I’ve managed to reset my Apple ID password: with the help of a nice chap from Apple’s AppleCare team, called John: or possibly Jean.

    He DID have a French accent, after all … !

    Right …

    Now that’s done … ? I can rent a movie … !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Paul! Always good to be able to get into your own system. :)

    Nice Tuesday tune, also.

    1. Mars
    2. Paul (I think)
    3. full of grace
    4. Shrove Tuesday
    5. Týr

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.