Friday 19 January 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 19th January, 2018.

*Yawns* … 

Frankly?

There’s a reason for that … !

Yes: I’m off to work, early, today.

Frankly?

I think I’m regretting it, already.

Frankly … ?

I want to go back to bed … 

~≈§≈~

Time to move on, I think.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 19th January is Timkat.   Timkat is the version of Epiphany celebrated by whom: the Coptic Church, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church or the Lutheran Church?
Q2) During Timkat, that Church will parade its Tabot.   The Tabot is that Church’s ceremonial reproduction of what: the Papal Tiara, the True Cross or the Ark of the Covenant?
Q3) 19th January, 2017, saw the death of actor, Miguel Ferrer.   Ferrer’s best known TV role, as Agent Albert Rosenfield, was in which TV series?
Q4) 19th January, 1963, saw the birth of MP, John Bercow.   Which Parliamentary position does he hold?
Q5) Finally … Apple have recently announced they are to make the programming code for one of their early computers freely available.   Which computer: the Apple 2, Macintosh 128k or Apple Lisa?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 18th January, 1905, saw the birth of mobster, Joseph Bonanno, Sr.   He was also known as Joe … who?
A1) Joe Bananas.
Q2) 18th January, 1896, saw Henry Louise Smith demonstrate what: a potato peeler, an x-ray machine or a scalpel?
A2) An x-ray machine.
Q3) Pianist, Ignacy Jan Paderewski was elected into office: on 18th January, 1919.   As Prime Minister of where?
A3) Poland.
Q4) 18th January, 1915, saw Japan issue its 21 Demands.   Of whom?
A4) China.
Q5) Finally … 18th January, 1943, saw the occupants of where, start an uprising?
A5) The Warsaw Ghetto.
Here’s a thought …
“For far too long the House of Commons has been run as little more than a private club by and for gentleman amateurs.”
John Bercow, MP, born 19th January, 1963.
And a song …



Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day … 



*        I know I’m coming from the point of an amateur writer, Olga‡ … but I’ve had a two monitor set up for a while, and found it very useful.   I’m also thinking three will be even handier: as it means less toggling between virtual desktops.



†        Apparently, Debbi^?   Wyngarde’s character in Department S and Jason King was a novelist who picked up ideas working for the group.   All this … and an impressive moustache … !


‡        I don’t know if you use virtual desktops, Olga, but they’re handy, as well.   they’re built into Windows 10, if that’s what you’re using.

^        I don’t know if you’d go for Them, Debbi, but an extra monitor comes in handy!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
Q2) the Ark of the Covenant
Q3) Twin Peaks
Q4) Speaker of the House of Commons
Q5) Apple Lisa
I'll check. I tend just to split the screen when I'm checking and editing, but my screen is not very big.
I have the feeling we've talked about it before, but have you watched 'Halt and Catch Fire'? I watched the first two series and want to catch up on the rest, but wondered... (Seeing the Apple Lisa reminded me of the series).

Debbi said...

I'm hoping for an iPad or something one of these days. :)

1. the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
2. the Ark of the Covenant
3. Twin Peaks
4. Speaker of the House of Commons
5. Apple Lisa