Saturday 27 January 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 27th January, 2018

27th, January, 2018.


Which is true … 

That I hate early mornings.

Still, needs must, and all that: it is, after all, pay for rent, and dinner.

Right now, though?

I’m grateful I’ve got a teapot.

Lot’s of tea’s always appreciated …

~≈Ê≈~

Oh … 


Apparently, various forms of slime are now the must-have toy: after a spate of slime based videos hit YouTube.

Apparently, and according to that news-piece, it’s an over night success, after a long time.

I should say so.

I can remember selling pots of similar products when I worked in a toy shop.

That was about thirty years ago … 

~≈Ê≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 27th January, 1880, saw Thomas Edison receive the patent for the incandescent lamp.   The lamp is also known as the incandescent … what?
Q2) Co-rulers, Stephen and Constantine were overthrown by Constantine 7th: on 27th January, 945.   As a result, Constantine 7th became the sole ruler of what: the Roman Empire, Greek Empire or Byzantine Empire?
Q3) 27th January, 2011, saw the start of the Yemeni Revolution: during what’s called the what spring?
Q4) Who was temporarily banned from playing football, on 27th January, 1995.
Q5) Finally … Gus Grissom, Edward White and Roger Chaffee were sadly killed: on 27th January, 1967.   During tests on what: Apollo 1, Gemini 3 or the Space Shuttle?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) 26th January, 1982, saw UK unemployment top what, for the first time since the 1930s: two million, three million or four million?
A1) Three million.
Q2) 26th January, 1564, saw the differences between Roman Catholicism and Protestantism formalized: at the Council of where?
A2) Trent.
Q3) The Point No Point Treaty was signed on 26th January, 1855: between the US federal government and three Native American tribes.   The Point is on the Kitsap Peninsular: in which US state?
A3) Washington.
Q4) 26th January, 1926, saw John Logie Baird demonstrate what: a pair of thermal undersocks, a TV set or radar?
A4) A TV set.
Q5) Finally … the world’s largest diamond — the Cullinan — was found on 26th January, 1905.   The two biggest diamonds from that stone are part of which country’s crown jewels?
A5) The UK’s.
Here’s a thought …
“Our common humanity is more important than all the things that divide us.”
Mairead Maguire, born 27 January 1944.
And a tune … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Beware of catchy songs about hippos … !


Have a good day.





*        Right, gotcha, Olga!   I have to confess, I’ve never actually seen THX-1138: I’ll have to try and check it out, the director’s cut’s on iTunes.   As for the surgery … ?   I have to admit, the Wikipedia entry is … mildly intimidating.   I have raised the issue on a fan group I’m in: and others who’ve had forms of it have been reassuring.

†        Well, I had a free afternoon, Debbi: and thought three in a row would be an idea.   I’m just pleased it seems to be working well, although I’ve not used iMovie’s titling feature.   Might just have to have a try at that, with the next batch.   (And I did several years worth of pub quizzes.   Presentationally?   There’s not much difference …)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Lightbulb
Q2) The Byzantine Empire
Q3) Arab
Q4) Eric Cantona
Q5) Apollo 1
I hope your working day is not too bad. At least here, the weather is terrible, so not good for much, at least outside.
I am sure it will be all right. The I hope the wait is not too long.
All the best.

Debbi said...

You're doing well! Keep at it.

1. light bulb
2. Byzantine Empire
3. Arab
4. Eric Cantona
5. Apollo 1

I've spent nearly the entire day cleaning my office and finding amazing mementos. Whew! I'm exhausted.