Wednesday 10 April 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 10th April, 2019

10th April, 2019.


Yep: it’s official.

Today, I have a phone interview: with a housing association in Basildon.

The job sounds similar to my last one: so something that I could easily pick up.

About my only concern?

Is the transport cost.

Given the part of Basildon it’s in?

It’s a train trip: one that’s comparative expensive, compared to my job in Chelmsford.

Hopefully?   If I do get it, it would pay enough to cover the costs.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 10th April, 1970, saw Paul McCartney leave what?
Q2) 10th April, 1929, saw the birth of actor, Max von Sydow.   Who did he play in the 1984 film version of Dune?
Q3) Three years later, 10th April, 1932, saw the birth of actor, Omar Sharif.   He was a well spoken of player of which card game?
Q4) 10th April is the Anglican feast day of William of Ockham.   William was the man behind Occam’s … what?
Q5) Finally … ?   Mount Tambora started a three month long eruption on 10th April, 1815.   The volcano is where: the Malay peninsular, Indonesia or the Japanese archipelago?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 9th April, 1940, saw Victor Quisling take power: after the German invasion of where?
A1) Norway.
Q2) 9th April is the Day of the Finnish Language.   It’s a recognised minority language in Finland, Russian Karelia, Sweden … and where else: Norway, France or China?
A2) Norway.
Q3) Georgia declared itself independent from the USSR: on 9th April, 1991.   What’s the capital of Georgia?
A3) Tbilisi.
Q4) 9th April, 1944, saw the birth of activist, PLO member and hijacker, Leila Khaled.   Which Dr Who character is named after her?
A4) Leela.   (Louise Jameson has never hijacked a plane: it’s not something they teach at RADA …)
Q5) Finally … ?   9th April, 1954, saw the birth of actor, Dennis Quaid.   In which film does he play Lieutenant Tuck Pendleton?
A5) Innerspace.
Here’s a thought …
“There are readers who want every point to be clearly and unambiguously set forth, and there are those who want to pry ideas and meanings out for themselves. Most people want some of both, and there’s no mechanical rule on where to set the balance.”
John M. Ford, April 10, 1957 – September 25, 2006.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.






*        Morning, Badwolf!!!!!!!!!

†        Smooth, isn’t the only word, Olga^: it went quite fast, too!   You know, it’s possibly worth having a word with your editing cousin: you never know when it would come in handy!   I honestly couldn’t tell you what the bog standard editing software is on Windows, though!   Bar Windows Photos.   Don’t forget, you’re never too old!

‡        It always surprises me how easy it is, Debbi^!   Although I’m not too sure about some of the results.   If I use the Duotone, AFTER I turn things black and white … you barely notice it!


^        Yes: I meant Dennis!   I thought I’d corrected that!   At any rate, let’s have a song … !

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

Morning (1)The Beatles (2)Doctor Kynes (3)Bridge (4) Occam's razor, (5 ) Indonesia

Olga said...

Q1) The Beatles
Q2) Doctor Kynes
Q3) Contract bridge
Q4) razor (I guess KISS is the modern colloquial equivalent, Keep It Simple, Stupid)
Q5) Indonesia
Good luck with the interview, although for what you say, it might be a bit of mixed blessing. Movie Maker allows you to do basic things but I've never played much with it, so it might have tricks I haven't discovered. At the moment I'm busier trying to get to grips with Sound Forge, which is the sound editing tool they use at Sants 3 Ràdio. The problem is that because I work for the news programme, we're usually always rushing around, and there isn't much time to explore (also, we don't go for very fancy stuff in such programmes...). Even with that, I'm trying to learn to speak without breathing audibly into the microphone, and learning to keep the microphone at the right distance when interviewing people is proving tricky enough... Oh, and I'm expected to take pictures as well... (For their website). (I usually cover small events, but for some reason I got sent to cover an item on lack of safety in a district nearby, and TV, local and country-wide press, and everybody and its mother seemed to be there that day. And of course, the police as well, although when I told them where I was from they were very friendly (You're local). Evidently our reputation precedes us!

Debbi said...

Hey, we all make mistakes. No problem. :)

1. The Beatles
2. Doctor Kynes
3. contract bridge
4. razor
5. Indonesia