Friday 5 April 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5th April, 2019


5th April, 2019.

Oh, for heaven’s SAKE, Google!

Once again, we have a photo uploading issue, today!

With all due respect to Sergei Brin and Larry Page?

Why can’t I upload a photo to this post!

~≈§≈~

At ANY rate … ?

I’ve got some paperwork to send off.

Seemingly?

There’s a possibility I can claim some extra benefits: because of  the depression I’ve suffered with foe many years.

Filling in the form … took a while.

Especially as I went to Brentwood Library to fill it in.

Just to get away from the distractions of home.

Will I get it?

I honestly couldn’t tell you.

We’ll have to see.

~≈§≈~
Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and vihttps://youtu.be/8aAHVPd6GJwdeo …

Q1) 5th April, 1942, saw the birth of directors, Peter Greenaway.   Which of his films starred Michael Gambon and Helen Mirren as Albert and Georgina Spica?
Q2) George Washington performed the first Presidential what: on 5th April, 1792?
Q3) The first international rugby match was played on 5th April, 1904: between England, and the ‘Other nations’ team.   Was that game the first international rugby league, or rugby union?
Q4) Dr Joseph Lister was born on 5th April, 1827.   What did he invent: antidepressants, retroviral drugs, or antiseptic surgery?
Q5) Finally … ?   5th April, 1950, saw the birth of singer/songwriter, Agnetha Fältskog.   She rose to fame with which band … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) A well known US film company was opened on 4th April, 1923.   Which film company?
A1) Warner Bros.
Q2) A group of children — who’d been at the centre of Satanic abuse allegations — returned home: on 4th April, 1991.   Which group of islands were the children from?
A2) The Orkneys.
Q3) At his impeachment trial, Governor Evan Meecham was convicted: on 4 April, 1988.   Which US state had he been governor of?
A3) Arizona.
Q4) 4th April is the feast day of Saint Isidore of Seville.   He’s the patron saint of what: radio, the internet or television?
A4) The Internet.
Q5) The week commencing 4th April, 1964, saw the top five spots in the US Top Forty occupied by five songs from which band … ?
A5) The Beatles.
Here’s a thought …
“I trust I may be enabled in the treatment of patients always to act with a single eye to their good.”
Joseph Lister, 1st Baron Lister, 5 April 1827 – 10 February 1912.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Morning, Badwolf!   Yep: it’s a classic!   (I’m not sure about The Godfather Pt 3, though!)

†        Really?   Who does the book say Jolly Jack was, Olga?   There’s been all sorts of suggestions!   At ANY rate?   You’re right, Google does seem to be having issues: it’s taken me three or four tries to get the title card up, today.   My hit count’s going all over the place, since they closed G+!

‡        Sometimes, going back to the original films are best, Debbi!   (Mind you, Gemma Arterton’s in the 2007 film … um … )

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

1)The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover (2) veto a bill (3) rugby league (4) antiseptic surgery. (5)AABA

Olga said...

Q1) The Cook, the Thief, his Wife, and her Lover.
Q2) Veto of a bill
Q3) Rugby league
Q4) antiseptic surgery
Q5) Abba
Oh, the book doesn't mention a name. What happens is that the main character meets famous people, sometimes in hell and sometimes in heaven, but he does not always realise who they are until he asks later, so there is no big reveal. It worried me more that it seems writers get to live with their creations, which come to life (well, I guess that might only work for the ones that go to Heaven, but in any case...). I write thrillers, so I'm not sure I'd be pleased to see some of my baddies come to life... And can you imagine what it would be like for Stephen King? Mind you, Sir Terry would have great fun... ;)
And you're right about Google. I tried to send an email this morning and it appeared as if I'd sent it but I never pressed the send button, and then I had no idea if I had sent it or not...
Good luck with the request.

Debbi said...

Agreed. Remakes can vary in quality.

1. The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover
2. veto
3. league
4. antiseptic surgery
5. ABBA