Wednesday 17 April 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 17th April, 2019

17th April, 2019


Hmmm … 

As you’re possibly aware?

I’ve got an interview, tomorrow.

I’m looking forward to it.

The one small blivet?

Usually, I can claim for train fares: which I applied for on Monday.

I know it usually takes three days to clear … 

But it’s still not there.

I’m … a little worried … 

~≈§≈~

Oh … 

Do I look tired in that intro video?

Usually, I don’t stay up too late.

I did last night: getting to bed at half past one.

I think I have good reason.

I finally managed to catch The Macra Terror.

I don’t think I’ve written the definitive review.

But I THINK I’ve written what — for me — is a well done piece.

Let me know … !

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring twelve out of twelve.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) The UK’s first national park was founded on 17th April, 1951.   What park is it?
Q2) The existence of the first Earth sized planet in a star’s habitable zone, was confirmed on 17th April, 2014.   By which space telescope?
Q3) 17th April is World Malbec Day.   The day celebrate’s wines from which country … ?
Q4) 17th April, 1974, saw the birth of Victoria Beckham.   She rose to fame as a member of which band … ?
Q5) 17th April, 1961, saw the start of the Bay of Pigs Invasion.   The incident was an attempted US invasion … of where?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 16th April saw the birth of Spike Milligan.   In which year?
A1) 1918.
Q2) He was born in which country?
A2) British ruled India.
Q3) Because of his father’s nationality, Spike was technically a citizen of where?
A3) Ireland.
Q4) Spike was the main writer of, and a main performer in, which radio show?
A4) The Goons.
Q5) What was that’s show’s original title?
A5) Crazy People.
Q6) Milligan’s main characters in the show were Minnie Bannister, Count Jim Moriarty … and who else … ?
A6) Eccles.
Q7) 1970 saw Spike making a film about his mental health.   Called what?
A7) The Other Spike.
Q8) Which Milligan helmed TV show was the influence on Monty Python’s Flying Circus?
A8) Q: especially the first series, Q5.
Q9) Famously, he wrote a serial used on The Two Ronnies.   Which serial?
A9) The Phantom Raspberry Blower of Old London Town.   (Comedy gold, every last episode!)
Q10) Spike makes a cameo appearance as a prophet: in which Monty Python movie?
A10) Monty Python’s Life of Brian.
Q11) The first volume of Spike’s war memoirs were published in 1971.   What was the title?
A11) Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall.
Q12) Finally … ?   Which Spike Milligan penned song was a hit in 1956, and 1975?
A12) The Ying Tong Song.
Here’s a thought …
“Punk is an art of action. It’s about deciding to do something and then going out and doing it.”
Pete Shelley, 17 April 1955 – 6 December 2018.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Morning, Badwolf!   You’re right about the animation on the The Macra Terror, Badwolf: it’s fantastic, again.


†        I have to say, Olga, this is where my Spanish really DOES let me down!   As for fun?   Someone I know has a mildly wacky sense of humour!


‡        Yes, I did, Debbi: I’ve managed to correct that!   And, yes: Spike’s going to be much missed!   (You do know the other famous Goon was Peter Sellers?   Oh, and Spike getting a lifetime achievement award is notorious … !)


3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1)The Peak District (2)Kepler space (3)Argentina(4)Spice Girls(5) Cuba
Morning

Olga said...

Q1) The Peak District
Q2) Kepler Space Telescope
Q3) Argentina
Q4) The Spice Girls
Q5) Cuba
He had a pretty peculiar style and quite surreal take on things, Gila. I'm not sure they've ever managed to confirm it, but according to him, he was fighting for the Republican side during the Spanish Civil War, was caught, and executed (shot) in a mass shooting, but they missed him and he stayed with the bodies of the dead and escaped the next day. He would make long routines about the war, about his birth (famously he insisted he was born while his mother was out and he didn't know what to do with himself so went to tell a neighbour. His mother told him off telling him "and let his be the last time you are born while you're alone").
I'll go and read your review. And I hope the money for the fees gets there... And good luck, in case I can't catch up tomorrow. I leave around midday, so it depends how well organised I am in the morning. Remember I'll be back by the end of the month, hopefully.

Debbi said...

Yes, I remember that. "Groveling bastard." :)

And I knew about Peter Sellers. And Monty Python. :) Awesome stuff!

1. the Peak District
2. the Kepler telescope
3. Argentina
4. the Spice Girls
5. Cuba