Sunday 15 September 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 15th September 2024.

15th September, 2024.


Yay!

It’s Sunday!

Which means we can hop, skip, and dance, all over the house.

If our knees are working!

~≈🦵≈~

Moving on … ?

I’ve caught “The Hall of Dolls”, the second episode of classic Doctor Who serial, The Celestial Toymaker, on Friday.

I have to admit, it’s been edited.

As the audio from the original 1966 broadcast includes a version of Eeny Meeny Miny Moe … that includes the ‘N’ word.

It was 1966: times were very different.

I think we can also say that, were the story to be made, today, that line of dialogue would changed before it hit the screen.

With the release of the animated version of the story, the word’s been removed.

I’m thankful.

I’m not comfortable with the word cropping up in my favourite TV show.


~≈🩺≈~

On Friday … ?

I told you that someone had been murdered at Four Oaks, where I lived before moving to Rollason Way.

Thankfully?

It seems a thirty-eight year-old has been arrested.

I’m glad to hear it.

I know from both experience, and from what I’ve been told, that the place had some troubled residents.

But murder … is pushing it!

~≈⚰≈~

Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        15th September is World Lymphoma Awareness Day.   Lymphoma affects what: the blood, the lungs or the skin?

Q2)        Lymphoma is a disease that involves abnormal cell growth.   In other words, it’s a type of which ‘C’?

Q3)        15th September is Engineers Day.   Where: Iceland, India or Iran … ?

Q4)        15th September marks the start of National Hispanic Heritage Month.   Where: the UK, USA or Germany … ?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Astrid Proll was arrested in London: on 15th September, 1978.   Proll was a member of what: the Provisional IRA, the Baader-Meinhof Gang or the Tartan Army?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        14th September, 2024, is a Saturday.   When was the date last a Saturday: 2018, 2019 or 2020?
A1)        2019.

Q2)        14th September, 1960, saw the founding of OPEC.   OPEC is the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting what?
A2)        The Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries.

Q3)        14th September, 1954, saw the Soviet Union test the RDS-4 nuclear bomb.   In what they called Operation what: Sundog, Snowball or Suriname?
A3)        Snowball.

Q4)        The (then) largest refinery in Europe was opened on 14th September, 1951.   By which British Prime minister: Clement Attlee or Winston Churchill?
A4)        Clement Attlee.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Clayton Moore was born on 14th September, 1914.   He played which American hero: Davy Crockett, the Lone Ranger or Buzz Lightyear?
A5)        The Lone Ranger.
Here’s a thought …
“Ah, my friend, one may live in a big house and yet have no comfort.”
From The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie, 15 September 1890 – 12 January 1976.
And an album …



Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        That it is, Olga!
        Oh, David Baddiel did a documentary for Channel Four, in 2017, called The Trouble With Dad.   You may find it helpful, although I don’t know where you’d find it§.

‡        I have to confess, I haven’t seen it in years, Debbi.   The Blues Brothers 2000 put me off the franchise!   But at least the Wikipedia entry about the sequel had a great quote from John Landis.
You know the difference between a brown-nose and a shithead? Depth perception.
John Landis.
§        I’ve done a quick search, Olga: there’s a version on Pirate Bay, if you’re happy to use the site.   According to the entry, Baddiel’s father had a version of dementia called Pick’s Disease.   I don’t know if that’s any help, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 Blood
2 Cancer
3 India
4 USA
5 Baader Meinhoff

Olga said...

Q1) The Blood

Q2) Cancer

Q3) India

Q4) USA

Q5) the Baader-Meinhof Gang
Thanks, Paul. I'll check it out, although I don't really use any of those sites, but I might find it elsewhere. I am familiar (well, academically) with Pick's disease. They are quite a few different forms of dementia, but the difficulties for carers always have something in common, so I'm sure it will be useful.
Enjoy your Sunday!

Debbi said...

Been a while since I've seen it.

1. the blood
2. cancer
3. India
4. the USA
5. the Baader-Meinhof Gang